Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Suburban SW10DE Water Heater Problem

The problem is: The heater will start on gas. The heater will start on Elect.
It will heat the water about 1 degree and no more. I have replaced the element. I have a full tank. I suspect the temp limit switchs are bad. The reset does nothing. If I remove the wires from each switch and link them together, Thus bypassing the switch, and restart the heater, will I do any harm if I use caution and turn off before the water gets to hot?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Luckiest Dreamer

Solved!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Keys Cruiser

Default Hot Water Temp...

So.. What did you do? My Suburban hot water heater is only making my water luke warm. I have two side by side buttons but neither seem as thought they can be "pressed" for a reset.

Any ideas???
TOAD: 2007 Mustang Conv.
Islamorada, FL
Keys Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

I had the manifold on the other side of the coach that I use to bypass the water heater during winterizing process in the wrong configuration. In my case the location was mismarked and I had turned the wrong valves. The heater would start the heating process and as soon as I tried to use it the incoming cool water would overwelm the heating process. When I investigated it further, for the umteenth time I finally figured it out. Or maybe I should say I stumbled upon it.
If it is the reset buttons (limit switches) the reset is quite firm and you will not feel any movement in them. As far as finding out if they are bad I can only say I replaced them and had purchased replacement ones at Camping World. They did not solve my problem as it was mostly because I was turning the wrong valves.