Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
texasweaver2001

Default Need advice on mounting an interior entry grab bar

I am the new owner of a 2009 BT Cruiser GX2 5291 with three slides. I love the coach!

I have noticed, however, that some of my guests have difficulties getting in and out because there is no interior handle that can help steady them. I've bought a wooden handle which will fit perfectly on the small wall between the entry and the dinette slide. It's about 4" wide and 36" long so it will be useful whether going in or out. I am not handy, but want to be sure that it's a safe and stable installation before I ask someone to mount this hand bar.

So the question is "What's inside that little section of wall? Is it reinforced so I can secure the handle via screws? I assume it is reinforced as the awning arm is attached to the outside of this wall. Would I use wood or metal screws for this?"

Does Gulfstream publish this type of information for my coach? There are other modifications I would like to make so I'm sure I'll have this question at least two more times in different areas of the coach.
texasweaver2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Conquest102

Default Re: Need advice on mounting an interior entry grab bar

Are you refering to the wall that is back seat of the dinnette. That would be a solid piece of wood if its a cabinet then its probally a very thin piece of veneer and would need to have a board put on the inside to make it stronger. I would suggest liquid nails to hold the board up until you screw in the handle if this is the case.