Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
bbybee

Default Slide Out Problems

I was sliding out my big slide and right at the end we heard a loud pop/bang. Went outside to look at the underside of the slid and saw where a section of the underside had been ripped away. So, I am posting some pics to get your thoughts on this. I am not the best of handy men so was thinking of taking it to a repair shop but wanted some of you how do fix your own rigs to tell me what you think. That way if I do have to take it some where I am armed with a bit of knowledge.

Thanks ahead of time,
Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide Out.jpg (463.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.jpg (233.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0164.jpg (264.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0167.jpg (178.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 12-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Texas Shriner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbybee View Post
I was sliding out my big slide and right at the end we heard a loud pop/bang. Went outside to look at the underside of the slid and saw where a section of the underside had been ripped away. So, I am posting some pics to get your thoughts on this. I am not the best of handy men so was thinking of taking it to a repair shop but wanted some of you how do fix your own rigs to tell me what you think. That way if I do have to take it some where I am armed with a bit of knowledge.

Thanks ahead of time,
Buck
My guess is that deterioration has been ongoing (I had a similar problem). Look at your image 0167 and see the white piece with two screws. That delron/HDPoly runs the length of your slideout and serves as a glide plate (similar to rollers). On mine, that piece had broken and was wearing the underside of the slide on every activation. Look under the slide behind the seals and inspect. In my case we hyper extended the slide and replaced the delron piece and then also replaced the slide liner. It's a one day job and ~$450 parts if your handy. I'd guess $2000 or so at the shop.
Texas Shriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
bbybee

Thanks for the info ...

Buck