Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-12-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
DieselDude

Default $2500 Scenic Cruiser!!!

Hi everyone,

I’m brand new here, and brand new to the class A RV ownership life. I’ve had some experience with Jayco bumper pull campers, but this is a whole new world for me.

The title is correct, I did purchase a 1996 Scenic Cruiser 8361 diesel for $2500. The coach has sat outside and untouched for approximately six years. Last year, the owner paid me $300 to get the chassis engine running. It was during that time I began to fall in love with the vehicle and realized some possible potential.

One thing lead to another and I wound up offering him $2100 for it. He counter offered $2500 and I accepted. I have replaced all six tires, removed a bird nest from the furnace, changed the engine oil, filters and fuel filters on the chassis and generator engines and had it inspected and licensed.

I’ve taken it on a couple hour or two long road trips and love it! But I still have a lot of work to do, which is why I’m here to get some advice.

The biggest problem is the skylight over the shower is cracked and has been leaking for quite some time. The wall between the bedroom and bathroom is completely rotted out, but the floor, roof and outside wall seem fine. I would like to not only repair the water damage, but completely remodel the interior and modernize it.

The exterior needs a good cleaning and the roof appears to be in good condition with no leaks, other than the cracked skylight.

All that being said, what advice do you all have for me?

Thanks for your input!
DieselDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Colorado350

Congratulations, be prepared for the unexpected once you start tearing into it. Pretty quiet here.

Tags
remodel, roof, scenic cruiser, waer damage