Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
CareyJ

Default Propane Switchover - 23RSS

We are taking delivery of our 2019 Vintage Vista Cruiser 23RSS in about 3 weeks. We are converting from Truck Campers to Travel Trailers. Our current camper has a single propane tank. The trailer has two tanks. I am curious to know if the tanks have to be switched over manually or will they switch automatically?

Thanks
CareyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
Sudsy

Default Automatic probably

Most TTs come with two tanks and a switchover valve. Look at it and it will be apparent if you have it. It uses the tank that is selected until that tank runs out and then the indicator turns red and you are on the other tank. You an disconnect the tank that is not being used and take it to refill.

Sudsy
Old 02-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
dbrownmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyJ View Post
We are taking delivery of our 2019 Vintage Vista Cruiser 23RSS in about 3 weeks. We are converting from Truck Campers to Travel Trailers. Our current camper has a single propane tank. The trailer has two tanks. I am curious to know if the tanks have to be switched over manually or will they switch automatically?

Thanks
I have the 19’ Vista Cruiser. It will switch over automatically. It’s all explained in the manual. However just to be safe, I always leave the spare tank closed and switch it over manually when required.
dbrownmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
LovesVintageKK

If the switch over lever is left vertical, then the switchover is automatic. That means you might not be aware that both tanks are getting empty sonInswitch mine manually. I have added after market pressure gauges to my tanks and check them before I leave home so I can fill one up if it is getting low. They aren’t perfect but they help a lot with monitoring.
LovesVintageKK is offline   Reply With Quote