Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
SW RV Man

Default slide won't slide out

2006 Independence with three slides. Two slides work fine. Kitchen slide won't budge. When you push the slide switch out it doesn't make a sound. When you push the ,"in" switch while the slide is closed you can hear the hydraulics therefore it can't be a fuse issue...could this be a weak battery? Low fluid level? If so then why are the other two slides working? Does anyone know if there is a "safety lock" on these slides? (All three slides were working when I picked it up) I just purchased this unit from the dealership and no one could find an owners manual for any system this RV has....any tip or help would be greatly appreciated.
SW RV Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Frutza

Default Re: slide won't slide out

Make sure your drivers seat is all the forward
Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
SW RV Man

Thanks for responding. I tried sliding the seat forward...several times with no luck...I visually inspected the base of the driver seat although I'm not too sure what I'm looking for.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
tarheel

Check the wiring under the seat to be sure one of them isn't broken or loose from a connector. I've had a couple broken wires as a result of turning the seat the wrong way. Just another possibility.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
SW RV Man

I was actually looking at the wiring under the seat today. Which wire(s) are the slide out wires? Thanks Tarheel (I am formally of North Carolina, looking forward to taking this coach to Carolina Beach next summer...If I can get the slide to work))
Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
Chuck v

SW RV Man,

The little rotary switch with the long lever arm on my coach that senses the seat travel is mounted on the left rear corner of the seat frame and wired with two red wires -- your coach may be different as it is a separate model and year from mine...

I also have had my wires broken by rotating the seat the wrong way around and pulling on these wires. Of course, this only happens when you are scrambling to leave a park space on time so as not to incur an additional day's fee...

In my coach's configuration, you need to rotate the driver's seat clockwise to bring it into the leaving space and counterclockwise to get it back to driving orientation. If you go the other way the wiring will wrap around the pedestal base and risk breaking.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
SW RV Man

Thanks for the input Chuck. I'll try this tomorrow morning. Rest assured I'll be back on this site if this doesn't work. This is beginning to get frustrating. The wife is afraid I purchased a lemon...
Old 08-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
RayChez1

On my coach IF your problem is the seat. On mine it has a small micro switch with two red wires to it. The switch has a real small handle that rides on a rail. When you move the seat all the way forward the handle will run out of rail and will fall into the open position to activate the big slide. The micro switch is on the right rear side of the drivers seat on my coach anyways.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:53 PM   #9
Hminor00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW RV Man View Post
Thanks for the input Chuck. I'll try this tomorrow morning. Rest assured I'll be back on this site if this doesn't work. This is beginning to get frustrating. The wife is afraid I purchased a lemon...
Did you ever get this figured out? Having same problem
Hminor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #10
chriscoe88

my main slide takes about 30 minutes, you can only do a few inches at a time, then wait and come back. one of the bedroom slides, wouldn't work well, on that slide only there is about a 9" x 16 or so inch hard plastic piece, there are 3 of them, and one of them jammed up. Since it fell on the ground that slide works, main slide is a pain!!! Plugged in or on fully charaged batteries, does not matter!
chriscoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote