Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2022, 11:38 AM   #1
bbaluski

Smile Zeb Floor wax.

After looking at all the new travel trailers and class Cs I decided to keep the 2003 BT. I seem to have less problems than the new ones. I applied Zeb floor wax about 2 years ago and it has become yellow and streaked. I called my house keeping at work and she said they use Zeb floor stripper routinely and it comes clean as new.
It was so easy, Took about 1 1/2 hours (most waiting the 5 min after each application to get best results). Start at the top and then move down. Dirt, grim, bird stains all gone with the wax. so I put on a new application of Zeb floor wax. It looks great. I'll use the stripper once a year from now on.
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
bbaluski

Default Zeb

For those that used Zeb and needs to remove it here are some before and after pictures. I also made a new BT decal with my Cricut machine. Surprisingly, I didn't even have to remove my camping decals. The stripper cleaned all but one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bt before.jpg (182.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg bt after.jpg (125.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-23-2022, 10:45 PM   #3
Bike Dr

Hello! I would like to try the zeb wax. But in the past have use maguires fine cut compound with a good rotary buffer set at 1500 rpms nice and easy and all the shine came back now it just keep up with it about twice a year. The paint feels new again.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:26 AM   #4
bbaluski

Default Maguires

About 5 years ago I used the Maguires three step oxidizer remover, wax and polish. It took about 4 days but the rig looked great. I think it gave me the nice base to apply the Zeb there after. The Zeb takes about 4 hours to remove and reapply. All you need is a mop. In a few years I will probably do the Maguires again. Especially the front cap.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #5
Bike Dr

I think I'm just going to stay with that maguire it has never Givin me a problem and my 17 yr old coach still looks good and shiny. I have read on the zebs and don't care much for the idea of the resido left by the zebs to have to be removed. After I treat it with all the maguire products I only have to wash the coach about twice a year..

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41' Atrium 8210 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:27 PM   #6
jamesham

Default zeb works for us

We have been using the Zeb gym floor polish since 1985 on a variety of Class C motorhomes. Our current Gulf Stream is white fiberglass sides, and the product has NOT turned yellow on us. Spring cleanup is removing the black streaks and dirt from winter storage, and then another coat of wax. The rear cap is plastic so it reacts differently. On the rear, the wax has to be removed, and recoated. The stripper and a sponge floor mop makes easy application and removal. Much less work than car wax, even with a rotary polisher.

[QUOTE=bbaluski;37544]After looking at all the new travel trailers and class Cs I decided to keep the 2003 BT. I seem to have less problems than the new ones. I applied Zeb floor wax about 2 years ago and it has become yellow
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote