Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #1
Puettz

Default Vent air coming through defroster and not vents

Hello. I have a 2007 Gulfstream Crescendo 8356 and we noticed the dash air was going through the defroster and not the vents. I tried all the settings and the blower seems fine. After looking on YouTube, it sounds like the vacuum line might have a crack which makes the system default to the defroster for safety reasons. (It will keep the window clear). I do not know where to look for the vacuum line or any other tips that might help alleviate this problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. There was a hose hanging in the fuse compartment at the front driver side compartment. I tried attaching to an opening but it did not help the issue. I will try and attach a picture.
Puettz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Life on the fishing pier

Not sure about your application but the heater box is usually located under the dash in the middle. Look for a vacuum dash pot.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #3
Puettz

Default Dash pot?

I have attached a copy of what I am guessing to be the dash pot. I started the coach and pushed in the lever and air came out of the vents. As soon as I let go the air quit coming out of the vents and out the defrost. It has two tubing lines coming out of it, one yellow and one white. I guess my question is, should I try and obtain a new one of these and see if that solves my problem? I really appreciate your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8FBC1440-F816-4C9D-88F8-A69140BA9DC1.jpg (93.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-25-2022, 07:04 AM   #4
Life on the fishing pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puettz View Post
I have attached a copy of what I am guessing to be the dash pot. I started the coach and pushed in the lever and air came out of the vents. As soon as I let go the air quit coming out of the vents and out the defrost. It has two tubing lines coming out of it, one yellow and one white. I guess my question is, should I try and obtain a new one of these and see if that solves my problem? I really appreciate your help.
The dashpot is usually reliable. I've never seen one go bad. Best to check if you have vacuum going to it before buying one. For the system to work the engine must draw vacuum then it needs to be switched. Engines draw the most vacuum when you increase engine revs and lift off the throttle. I have owned vehicles that required doing this to get air from different vents.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
Bike Dr

Hey just saying some operate frome a 12v electric pump to create vacuum if your particular unit is a diesel pusher like mine it runs all by the pump from lack of vaccum from the engine.. just a thought!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
Puettz

Default Dash Air

Thank you for the replies. In the compartment where the fuses are kept under the drivers area, there was a hose unplugged which came off. I store my RVI 3 Break Box in that compartment. It must have come lose and dislodged the hose. The hose is the black hose in the picture. I plugged it back in and I now have my air coming out of my vents. I’m sure it would have been a pricy find at a dealership. I posted this so perhaps someone else might have the same issue and hopefully this will save them some time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7E00D719-898F-411C-B030-A55087F5E986.jpeg (284.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:14 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Right on that's it you nailed it!! The black ball is a vaccum reservoir! The pump is located below. It is pretty straightforward. Glad to hear you got it fixed, as you mentioned shop's are not completely honest for such a simple fix, I've seen it tons with the air dryer they only replace the purge valve and not the filter and that is very important to keep dry air especially if you live in a cold climate as I do..good eye Puettz!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Old 09-26-2022, 01:23 AM   #8
Puettz

You just made my day. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #9
Brett47

We're experiencing the exact same problem with our 2006 BT Cruiser! I suspect I should be able to fix the problem thanks to your advice. Thanks a million!
Brett47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #10
Puettz

Good luck. I was very happy when I was able to fix it for free. I can only imagine what a dealership would have charged to plug in a hose. Let me know if you get it fixed.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:37 PM   #11
Brett47

I'll let you know how it turns out. Have my rig in storage right now. Thanks again!
Brett47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:21 PM   #12
Bike Dr

If the pump does not run upon moving the knob from, Example Floor to dash, check the fuse for the pump if the fuse is good. Then apply 12v directly to the pump for a test to determine if it is the pump or the dash controller that may or may not be the issue! Good luck I hope to hear if you find the problem most times it's a pretty simple fix..and happy to help any way I can..

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper

Tags
dash air not working.