Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
zzrv

Default Newbie-and Gulf Stream support (or lack thereof)

Hello...I'm new to the forum and have read many interesting topics. I bought a used
2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33' F53 chassis about 2 months ago. I really like the
floor plan and features, and the quality seems generally very good.

I discovered some of the manuals were missing from the nice Gulf Stream pouch and called
to see if I could get them. I spoke to Pauline and had the manuals in less than a week.
VERY GOOD! I thought.

I also wanted a spare 'tube' key for the hood and Pauline transferred me to the parts
department where I left a message on Mona's answering machine, including the vin #.
A week later, and I had not received a reply, so I called again. Pauline put me in
direct touch with Mona in parts and she said she would look into it and get back to me.
Six weeks later, and I have not had, nor am I expecting, a call back.

I also discovered an open vent pipe under the vanity, from which was emitting a foul odor,
discovered on our first outing.
Not being familiar with newer MH technology, (my previous MH was a 1985 Winnebago Chieftain) I placed a call to the service department. I spoke to and subsequently emailed Molly in the
service department and she said she would look into it. I also sent pictures to verify my
claim of an open sewer pipe. Unless I send an email requesting an update, I don't hear
from her. In fact, it's been almost two weeks since my last request for an update.
After investigating the problem myself, I figured out the plumbing scheme (sure would have been nice to have a schematic) and realized there was an 'inline vent' missing, which I subsequently purchased from Home Depot for about six bucks. However, I will let this situation play out to see how Molly and Gulf Stream handle this.

(By the way, I had called Winnebago for diagrams of my 1985 oldie, and within a week had full wiring, plumbing and parts diagrams.)

I still am very happy with the coach, but can't say much good about Gulf Stream support so far.

Ron