Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
darlene tarleton

Default leaks around the slide outs

my bt cruser 2006 leaks around the top of the slide out where it is supposed to be seal against the coach wall. it does not seal out the water when it rains and we are going down the highway.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
purduepete

We're picking up our new 2007 BT Cruiser 5291 on May 11th. I hope we have better luck but, I'll let you and Gulf Stream know if we don't.
Good Luck, have a nice trip to Nappannee and chalk it up as experience!
purduepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
The Old Guy

darlene,
We have a '05 endura and the rear slide leaked from the day we got it. But only when out and then only at the bottom. The dealer messed with it, they actually CAULKED THE SEALS!! Only made it worse and I had to clean the mess off! Next they replaced the seals. Did not fix it. Next move, they said "you'll have to have the factory fix it."

Well, we had a trip last summer that we made pass through Nappanee on our way home. (there were other problems to fix as well so they had it a week)

They fixed the problem. I had told the repair guys at Hobbe Sound that the seals were cut too short on the sides, but they had just replaced them the same way as they had found them. Go figure. Gulfstream fixed them correctly, long and overlapping and they were the nicest people to deal with that I have run across in a long time.

I know that doesn't address your problem, but it should reassure you that you will recieve satisfaction should you take it home. (It's home.)

By the way, they had to remove the slide completely, but not for the leak. Everything works the way it should now.