Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-29-2022, 06:50 PM   #1
TOMg

Default Rt rear turn signal/brake lite/emergency lite not working

Hi... I've eliminated bulbs, fuse, switch assembly, and connections in the tail light...any suggestions appreciated. Also, the front blinker blinks rapidly and everything works properly on the left side.
TOMg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:10 PM   #2
Bike Dr

With limited info,
1 have you changed any bulbs to led from incandescent that will cause a hyper flash and
you will need a load equalizer to balance the load to make them flash correctly
2 check your relays and flashers, 4 way flasher also, you mentioned other components you checked.
3 with a test light or multi meter test the bulb sockets for power and ground as a ground could be the issue! I use a tester that can add + or - to help see what side the issue may be on in that circuit. Jump a ground to the frame the to the socket and test then add power frome the battery + and test again when it lights that should tell you if you have a ground or power problem..
I hope these small suggestions will help out not knowing what you have!!
Good luck!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
TOMg

Default Tail Light problem

Thank You for so quick of a response. The ground check suggestion seems my next step!!! PS...I have no current to the tail light bulbs in question.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #4
hossross

no power or no complete circuit? can check for power by running a separate ground either external, or to anything metal onthe vehicle you always use an 110 V extension cord as a ground wire by connecting a terminal to the ground of the battery and then tap the opposite end and SAME wire ( hot, neutral, or ground) to your volt meter and the other end to the +12 of each location you want to check for power. I suspect you have a bad ground. but do the above to confirm, if ground is ok, then use the extension cord to supply +12 volt from batt to that electrical load. if you see a spark when applying the 12 volts, then you have a short somewhere, and you'll need your ohm meter to find that.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
mikestanton

2004 29' Gulfstream on a E450 chassis. I can't locate the fusebox for the AC, lights, etc. It is supposed to be under the dash, but it isn't. Any help out there would be appreciated.
mikestanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:03 PM   #6
TOMg

Thanks for your input....I found the problem...it was a loose wire in the taillight assembly
Old 07-08-2022, 09:00 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Glad to hear. Can I ask if it was the ground? It was my thoughts when you mentioned no lights at all on that side
I like to hear when people work out their issues in most case I say that lightly as some people shouldn't even look at tools.. I'm kidding sad but true!!
Happy camping!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!! LIVING IT!!

2005 41' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:27 PM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

The rear TS lights are treated as TRAILER and connected to the trailer harness, so first check/repair the harness damage. Then, under hood on E-models, the FUSE/ RELAY BOARD HAS small RED 10a fuses #5 (R) & #6 (L) that do REAR TURN SIGNALS; I WASTED Days chasing wires and finally finally went back to fuses for 3rd/4th time and found that fuse blown and fixed, right after buying my old rig in 2017. Good Luck

p.s. FYI, FRONT TS/ MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH ARE ON FUSE BLOCK UNDER DASH at driver toes, Fuse #7, Red, 10a