Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Georunner

Default 2 years of the Super Nova

Many of us have had our Nova's for 2 years or more now and I thought it would be nice to get a list of what you think might be common problems and fixes for this relatively new coach. Don't want to start a bitch session but maybe a thread where new buyers can find potential problems and get a fix for them, or for those buying a used one can check. For example:

1. Texas TC identified the problem of radiator hoses rubbing on the frame. He found out the hard way, and it sure saved me a lot of headache!
2. My 120v wire feed to the plug under the dinning table ripped in two the first time we ran the slide out in. Had to splice in about 3 feet of cable to fix.
3. A new one for me is that the insulation strip along the top of the dinning room slide out fell out on top of the slide out. Would never have known about it except we felt some really cold air coming in from some where and tracked it down. Not the easist fix as there is not much room up there to get it glued back on. Straight forward repair, just tight quarters.
4. I have noticed some wear on the fresh water tank where the metal brackets are rubbing. I recall a post some time ago that suggested high density foam be put back there in place of the brackets, will have to check out how to do that before we get a hole in the tank. (We drive a lot of very rough roads in Colorado State parks so ours may experience more bouncing that others.
5. My wife had issues with the pantry next to the refrigerator so I built a slide out pantry, nice addition to the kitchen. We also built an entertainment center in the cab over cause I did not like the way the TV opened for viewing.

We have the 6331 model and just love it, but would like to hear of other areas you all might suggest we check as a preventive measures.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote