Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
bsonterre

Angry A/C problems

I have a 2008 Gulf Stream 8330 Independent. I'm having problem getting the front roof mounted A/C to start and turn off. Rear one working fine. The front one when wall switch is turned on will take several seconds up to about 10 sec. before the A/C starts "some times". When it does I here a bang sounds like it coming from the rear. After starting wont turn off need to flip breaker to get it to stop then wont start. I did replace the wall thermostat with no results. I think there is a solenoid hanging up. Question where is it? or is there some other problem? Doing the check with the jenny running and no shore power.
Thanks.
bsonterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Sudsy

That sounds like a thermostat problem to me. If you have two independent systems try swapping the thermostats and see if the problem follows the thermostat. I switched my thermostats to digital.

Sudsy
Old 09-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Rob Maiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsonterre View Post
I have a 2008 Gulf Stream 8330 Independent. I'm having problem getting the front roof mounted A/C to start and turn off. Rear one working fine. The front one when wall switch is turned on will take several seconds up to about 10 sec. before the A/C starts "some times". When it does I here a bang sounds like it coming from the rear. After starting wont turn off need to flip breaker to get it to stop then wont start. I did replace the wall thermostat with no results. I think there is a solenoid hanging up. Question where is it? or is there some other problem? Doing the check with the jenny running and no shore power.
Thanks.
I’ll assume you have a Dometic Analog system. If so you probably want to convert it to digital system as Sudsy mentioned. I fought intermittent AC/Furnace issues for a couple of months before I upgraded. The thermostat/board kit is available on Amazon (from Dometic) for about $100. There are knock-offs available for less $. The advantage to buying from Amazon is Dometic will provide phone support.
Rob Maiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
bsonterre

found the problem 30 amp breaker popped on jenny
bsonterre is offline   Reply With Quote