Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
roberjam

Default Dometic AC Control Problem in 2006 Conquest 25RKS

Hi Folks,

I was hoping that someone could help me solve an AC control problem on my 2006 Gulfstream Conquest 25RKS. I have Dometic Air Conditioner (Model # 57915.541 Serial # 63731217) that is connected to a Dometic Duo Therm Thermostat (Model # 3107612-00. The furnace is a Suburban Model # SF25, and it is also connected to the same thermostat. The furnace works fine. The AC also works, but when the air cools down to the temperature designated on the thermostat, the AC begins to cut off and then back on, rapidly back and forth. I am scared that this will ruin the AC. I can stop it by raising the thermostat temperature or lowering it, but this kind of defeats the purpose of an automatic temperature control…. It is like there is some kind of short throwing power on and off to the AC when it reaches the desired temperature. At first, I thought that it was the thermostat, but it doesn’t happen with the furnace. The furnace cuts on and off appropriately. I have heard other RV’ers talk about AC temperature sensors, but I have never seen one in my travel trailer. Maybe there is one in there, and I just don’t know about it. In any event, does anybody have an idea about what may be causing this rapid on-off cycling behavior with the AC when the air gets to the temperature designated by the thermostat? Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,
Jim
roberjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
anoldman

Default Re: Dometic AC Control Problem in 2006 Conquest 25RKS

I'm certainly no expert on the problem you're having, but from my limited experience I'm pretty sure your thermostat is bad. Since manually adjusting the temperature ends the cycling that should rule out everything else but it. Heating and cooling uses different circuits so one could fail while the other continues working. While you're at it you might consider upgrading to a digital model. I did ,and we love the precise control it gives on our 2011 Gulf Breeze.
Good Luck!