Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
bsonterre

Cool Class A Slide out problems

I have a 2008 Gulf Stream Class A model 5330 independence. My problems started after having the hydraulic ram replaced for the slid out. Problems are now it wants to creep out after retracting it in. It creeps out about 3 inches. Problem 2 when the slid out is retracted the top makes contract first and then the bottom travels about 2 more inch's before the bottom seals. I have notes that there is no free travel on the end of the ram where it is connected to the wall. install guide line states there should be 2-3 inch's of free travel. Will this also cause my problems?:
bsonterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
Frutza

Bad spool on the hydraulic unit, it may have gotten something stuck in it when they replaced the cylinder, ram
Old 06-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
bsonterre

thanks will check it out. That spool jam nut was off when I purchased the unit might be a good place to start.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Swiss Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsonterre View Post
I have a 2008 Gulf Stream Class A model 5330 independence. My problems started after having the hydraulic ram replaced for the slid out. Problems are now it wants to creep out after retracting it in. It creeps out about 3 inches. Problem 2 when the slid out is retracted the top makes contract first and then the bottom travels about 2 more inch's before the bottom seals. I have notes that there is no free travel on the end of the ram where it is connected to the wall. install guide line states there should be 2-3 inch's of free travel. Will this also cause my problems?:
Oh dear! I had the same problem. I serviced the whole hydraulic unit including change of the hydraulic valves. No change. Then I replaced the hydraulic cylinder. That was the solution. But since then, I block the slide out after retracting wit a tie down band. Just to make sure, it slide out while I am on the high way. But let me guess, it was the driver side?!
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
bsonterre

when I purchased the motorhome I found the jam nut off on the rear of the hydraulic valve solenoid that controls that slide out. I wish I had the instruction for adjusting the solenoid. The ram was just overheld, that doesn't mean a thing now days when it comes to quality of work-man-ship.