Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Elise

Default hate our couch

The list of options in our couch listed a hide-a-bed sofa, so we were looking forward to the extra sleeping space for our large family. Turns out a hide-a-bed doesn't fit, so a replacement "Soft'touch" sofa was put in instead, before we picked up our new 8360. The back of the sofa is so "poofy" that when it is jackknifed into a bed position, no one can fit on the back half of the bed. We have been communicating with Gulfstream for months about our request for a simpler, flatter sofa so we could at least have the sleeping space promised even if it's not a hide-a-bed; they are extremely slow to respond, and simply refer our problem to someone else where we still get the runaround. Anyone else have a problem with this? Anyone know where to buy a jackknife sofa at a reasonable rate?
Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
mfa

Are you talking the model 8360 Class A motorhome, either Independence or Yellowstone? We really like that floor plan. The one on the showroom floor has a hide-a-bed sofa. If it did not come with that it would be a different story.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Elise

Default Yes

We bought a 8360 Independence, which was supposed to come with the hide-a-bed. Turns out the 8360, with only one living room slide, won't accomodate a hide-a-bed. You're right, we love the floorplan, but one of its advantages was the number of people it could sleep. About the only person who could sleep on the sofa that it came with is our 10-year-old granddaughter who is short for her age!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
mfa

Doesn't make sense to me... The one we've looked at here has two sofas. I know one is a hide-a-bed and I think the other is a jack-knife. I know that my wife had the salesman pull out the hide-a-bed so she could see what it looked like...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Elise

That's funny because our customer service rep, on one of the few occasions she communicated with us, said that it would not fit. We're still waiting for the latest reply. Bought the coach in March, and we're still wrestling with this, and other unfulfilled promises....
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
mfa

Please accept my apology. I double-checked with my wife -- she had gone back and watched the salesman open it again and it sounds like both sofas are jack-knife.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
Elise

Default thanks for clarifying

Thanks for letting us know about the confusion. If you like the 8360, and we do, just work out a better sleeping situation with the dealer before you buy.