Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
DAF

Default New Owner

Just purchased my first Gulf Stream RV, a 2009 Innsbruck 23BWL. I have been RV'ing for about 35 years and now that I am retired decided to downsize from a 2004 31 Ft Keystone Cougar. Love the overall layout and features of the Innsbruck. There was one significant issue that I discovered when getting it ready for our first outing. It seems that the factory "forgot" to install a support board under a portion of the shower tub floor. So much for the "Amish workmanship" and "several rigid inspections" mentioned in the brochure. My dealer is getting the necessary parts from Gulf Stream and has assured me complete satisfaction. Meanwhile our first camping trip will go on without the use of the shower. Since we are going to Disney's Ft. Wilderness campground that will not be a problem with the wife!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
campers0518

Hey DAF,
Guess they forget or do not do things right on alot. But from my experiance don`t worry it will get fixed. We too bought a 2009 Innsbruck 24rkl and had a couple of major problems. But after a couple of months of dealerships and Gulfstream our trailer seems to be like it should have been when we bought it Read door leaks that`s from us. What started to be a nightmare ended up like roses. They sure are nice when they are right Happy Camping wish we were going to Fla. John and Dorothy (campers051
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
DAF

Thank you, campers0518!
Yes, in my experience I yet have to find a trouble free RV. It does hurt a bit when it is a brand new unit though. I guess the only way to avoid something like this is to have the unit x-rayed before purchase ! But as I said, my overall opinion on the Innsbruck is very good. I am also very happy with my dealer's support. This is our first trip to Ft. Wilderness since 2004. Last time, I had the 31ft TT and it was a hassle to get in and out of our campsite. Then I made a mental note not to go back until I had a smaller rig. Ft. Wilderness was built in the mid 70's and was not designed to accomodate big rigs + slide outs. I understand they have a plan to address that for 2010. Hope you can make it to warm FL soon!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
DAF

Update:

The camping trip to Ft. Wilderness was most excellent! I noticed that many sites have been improved with wider/longer concrete pads and no trees in close proximity. There were plenty of motorhomes and other big rigs with slides. Good for Disney! Today, I took the Innsbruck back to the dealer for the shower repairs. I'll let you all know how that goes.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
DAF

Happy Camper again!

My dealer completed the shower repairs to my satisfaction. Kudos to RV World of Hudson, FL for exceptional customer service!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
campers0518

Hey DAF, Really neat to hear you had a nice FLA trip. Someday maybe we will make the trip. But for now we are pretty much local campers (boondocking alot) because of work. Next week end will be our first for this year and can`t wait to get started and away from everything. Campfires sure calm the nerves. Many good trips to you. John and Dorothy