Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-20-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Pete&Brenda

Default 2021 enlighten 20rd

We just bought this trailer and have had some issues. Guess they are just coming off the assembly line too fast. Just today we discovered a small puddle of water on the shelf above the bed! We had some torrential rain 2 days ago and had I not been taking care of another issue would not have seen it until who knows when? Can only guess where the water came from and wonder how much water is in the wall....Also attached is a PDF file that we provided to Gulf Stream on request showing several other issues. Since then I've discovered and remedied a few more. Glad that I'm handy and have tools otherwise we'd be at the mercy of the dealership. All in all we love the trailer, size and floor plan and look forward to many adventures in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaterOnShelfAboveBed1.jpg (250.2 KB, 10 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2021 ENLIGHTEN 20RD_Discrepancies_Peter&BrendaOstrowski.pdf (1.86 MB, 18 views)
Pete&Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
DaveC

Thanks for the pictures. I will be looking for these issues on my RV. Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
RY469

Default It Happens

RV manufacturing is high volume, resulting lower quality. Dealerships pick up the slack under warranty repair. Many repairs never get addressed, resulting cost savings to the manufacturer. Keep in mind higher quality also results higher prices for the units (look at Intech, great units, cost too much though).

SO, take your unit to an authorized dealer and give them the list to file as warranty work, they will take care of it. I do these kind of repairs fairly frequently.

I will say Gulf Stream is one of the better ones, I personally own a Gulf Stream, and am an RV Service Tech.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
Pete&Brenda

Default Quit Your Bitchin?

RY469 - I bring it in to Camping World in Newport News, VA this Wednesday for them to investigate the water on the shelving. In the meantime my son helped me install some tie down points in the forward compartment and found this...cracked paneling, what caused this I wonder? You're right, I'm not going to ask anyone to fix this but at the same time it is a shame that $24,000 can't buy you something without so many issues and if I wasn't handy with tools we'd be at the mercy of the dealership. Which is what is about to happen Wednesday.... We'll make it right and have a great time with it. There's plenty more that we like than what we've found wrong but I gotta shake my head at some of this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210425_111754B.jpg (262.9 KB, 8 views)
Pete&Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote