Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
USA1

Default TV help please

I see a similar thread but not the answers I was looking for. First off I find it odd that Gulfstream does not keep up with the technology. We have a red yellow and white plug for hooking the TV into the DVD player of the radio. We go out and buy a brand new smart television and there are no plugs to accommodate those red yellow and white cables. It appears there is no way to make the DVD player work with a new television. There is no HDMI connection on the factory radio / DVD player. Is there any way to overcome this? I guess other than putting an old outdated television in the camper. It is disappointing to buy a brand new camper thinking that things should be up-to-date and find out that they are not.
USA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:08 AM   #2
Izzy007

Izzy from Canada, I had the same problem and purchased the following and it works great.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Izzy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
Chuck v

Izzy,

Your link shows the conversion of an HDMI output from a source to a legacy composite video and analog stereo output suitable for an older TV/monitor.

I believe that USA1 needs the opposite conversion -- taking the legacy output of the DVD player and making it suitable for a modern TV that has only HDMI inputs. When I updated the electronics in my 2007 Tour Master T40c, I replaced the Sony DVD player/surround unit with a newer Blu-Ray combo Sony model of similar footprint that had HDMI outputs. This did not help the bedroom TV since the chassis wiring in the coach is all composite and not digital, so a small separate HDMI capable player back there solved that issue. See attached image.

If you really need a composite --> HDMI conversion gadget, they are available but are limited to 1080P resolution (not the 4K of true Bu-ray...) Here is a typical one:

https://www.wiredco.com/HDMI-to-Comp...midisplay1.htm

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1561.JPG (724.5 KB, 4 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
USA1

I ordered one. Thanks to both of you.
USA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #5
KPMullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Izzy,

Your link shows the conversion of an HDMI output from a source to a legacy composite video and analog stereo output suitable for an older TV/monitor.

I believe that USA1 needs the opposite conversion -- taking the legacy output of the DVD player and making it suitable for a modern TV that has only HDMI inputs. When I updated the electronics in my 2007 Tour Master T40c, I replaced the Sony DVD player/surround unit with a newer Blu-Ray combo Sony model of similar footprint that had HDMI outputs. This did not help the bedroom TV since the chassis wiring in the coach is all composite and not digital, so a small separate HDMI capable player back there solved that issue. See attached image.

If you really need a composite --> HDMI conversion gadget, they are available but are limited to 1080P resolution (not the 4K of true Bu-ray...) Here is a typical one:

https://www.wiredco.com/HDMI-to-Comp...midisplay1.htm

Chuck
Izzy,

What Sony unit did you purchase? I'm in the same boat... literally and figuratively. 2007 Tour Master T40C

Kevin
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
Chuck v

Kevin,

I am the one that upgraded my Sony player to DVD and HDMI. The unit is sold as a "home theater in a box" grouping and I just did not use the speakers (used the ones already installed in the coach...)

The Sony model number is BDVE3100 and you can find some information here:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDVE3100.../dp/B00BI22U3O

Chuck

Old 05-09-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
KPMullen

My bad, Chuck

Thanks!

Kevin
Old 05-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
KPMullen

Chuck,

You wouldn't happen to have any documentation for the AV Center in the T40C would you? Absent the original Sony DVD player/surround sound unit I'm at a loss as to what connections need to go where.

Kevin
Old 05-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #9
Chuck v

Kevin,

Here is a diagram that shows what most coaches of this ere had in the way of connections...sorry it is not very specific to the Tour Master, but should apply.

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gulfstream audio and video.jpg (187.5 KB, 8 views)

Old 05-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #10
KPMullen

Thanks

It gives me a starting point.

Kevin