Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-29-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Water pressure

I have just returned from a 7 week outing in my 2004 gulf Stream sun voyager. One thing that bugged me was the lack of proper water pressure in order for the showere to operate properly and the sprayer on the kitchen sink to operate. I removed the inline pressure regulator and it was a lot better. but I was afraid of not using the regulator. I have heard about using a house regulator and if so which one do I buy.
Another problem was I damaged the bottom of the compartment where the drain hoses are located. There is a fitting in the bottom where you run the sewer hose out of and I ran my rear wheel in a whole and it hit and busted the fitting that the hose runs through. Can any one tell me where to buy a new one. >???
Other wise the sun voyager ran and preformed great. I also appeared to be getting about 8 to 9 MPG pulling a Saturn vue.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

Darby, check and see if there is a pressure reducer at the water connection. We had that problem with a fifth wheel one time. Had problems for about a year. Then it started leaking and had to replace it. That is when we found we were putting two reducers on it. As to the damaged fittings, haven't a clue.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
darbyjudy

Well I got a plesant suprise today. I called Gulf Stream and they are going to send me the fittings that I damaged in the sewer compartment when my wheel went into a deep hole and it rubbed the bottom of the sewer compartment. Also gave me the paint codes so I can have the paint mixed and do the touch-up. They showed two colors 1. Smoke Silver Met. and 2. casmere beige met. I am not sure which one I need. I do know it is the darker color that the sewer compartment door is painted. I tried to find a color chip on the computer for me to look at but had no luck.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
darbyjudy

Default Changed the water pressure regulator

Just wanted to let every one know that I bought a whole house water pressure regulator and it did the trick. Now I have good pressure at both the shower and the dish sprayer at the kitchen sink.
Here is the address where I got it.
www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/UsefulGadgets.htm