Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #1
Trnelson

Default Slide problems

Hello:

I have a Conquest 6320. Year 2017.

2 slides. One large, for the main living area. One small for the master.

The larger slide never really worked well. Got to the point where we would need to assist by pushing out/in during actuation. Immediately brought up to dealer, who supposedly fixed the problem. I don’t think so. Over this last summer, one side appeared to get stuck after about 6” or so of travel. No foreign bodies seemed to be present. We were annoyed, but didn’t let it affect our family vacation. Unfortunately, have not been able to make time to get it to the dealer.

Fast forward a few months. My wife and I are currently on a trip in the UP and this AM, the smaller slide started acting up in the same darn way. One side seems to get stuck and then then the motors stop. The prior evening, we were able to extend without difficultly. But this AM the slide would not retract. BTW - for the smaller slide, we never had to apply any sort of ‘assistance’. But after it jammed, I did try to provide some assistive force to help it retract but this was not successful. Again, nothing foreign is present. We did contact the dealer as we obviously cannot operate on the roads with an extended slide. A recommendation was made to reset the controller, which we did without difficulty, but this did not fix the problem. I also noticed 8 red flashes on the controller, which according to the key on the controller, means that there is a ‘short’. I inspected all the cables and the connection points. I cannot find anything wrong with the harnesses. Alas, we were able to get the thing to retract a few inches at a time, to a point where it was safe to operate the vehicle, but the slide was not completely flush.

Question 1: What is going on? I realize that is a difficult question because you are not here to inspect, but any theories?

Question 2: How are these things bypassed? There must be a way to manually retract the slides in the event on a failure, but I cannot figure it out. We bought the RV new, and it came with a stack of papers regarding all the components, but nothing was included regarding the slides. I believe the slide is made by Lippert, but I cannot find any information about it on their website. There is a lot of stuff on slides, but they don’t seem to match ours.

Considering that 2 slides have failed in the same fashion, I can’t be the only one with this problem. Any one else there with experience with this?

I have a background in electrical engineering and brought a rather comprehensive tool kit with me just in case there was a problem. I am not afraid to take the whole darn thing apart. Along those lines, I am also thinking my time with the 6320 is just, about, up.

Thanks,
Todd
Trnelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, slide, stuck