Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #1
trotline

Default 12v electrical mysteries 2003 Indy

I have electrical experience and can do about anything on vehicles. Except my 2003 GS Indy 35' on the Ford E-550 chasis. Why? There is no coach wiring diagram. None. Period. *#%*@!

So here is the problem...

1> 12v bathroom light went out. Hall light wired to it out also.

2> While trouble shooting it the system status panel went out. No status lights, no water pump or hot water heater. Then furnace out too.

3> Coach furnace and water pump are on their own fuses and came back on with new fuses. Why did they blow?

Everything else 12v OK. Coach battery good. 110v shore power hooked up. I have a new inverter charging ok. All coach fuses checked.

SUMMARY... Currently bath sink light, hall light and status panel tank lights out. Water Heater switch on stat panel won't come on.
trotline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:38 PM   #2
Bike Dr

Hey I'm new to this forum so I'll try to keep up. I have an 05 Atrium SE, I am like you do pretty much everything!

Just throwing this out there first the obvious is fuses
2nd and critters possibly chewed wires?
But my monitor panels for the levels have a phone line type connector but the power source is in a Main brain box have you checked the power going in! But that doesn't explain your lights they should not be on the same circuit!! I also have left and right side fuses! I hope this helps! I'm just not really familiar with your rv!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #3
trotline

Thanks.

I am out of other ideas so I am going to look at the critter possibilities next.
Been cold a hell in N Ga so it is a possibility.
Pull it on the driveway, jack it up and get on the crawler... next warm day.
trotline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #4
RevFugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Dr View Post
Hey I'm new to this forum so I'll try to keep up. I have an 05 Atrium SE, I am like you do pretty much everything!

Just throwing this out there first the obvious is fuses
2nd and critters possibly chewed wires?
But my monitor panels for the levels have a phone line type connector but the power source is in a Main brain box have you checked the power going in! But that doesn't explain your lights they should not be on the same circuit!! I also have left and right side fuses! I hope this helps! I'm just not really familiar with your rv!
Hey Bike Dr.! How happy have you been with your Atrium? Any strange or unusual issues?
RevFugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Hey there!! No issues other then like mentioned previously that our coach was factory, so in 05 to my opinion the entertainment system tvs needed to but updated. I pulled all new wires through the coach and now we love it! Some complain about the windows in the atrium but we love the view as an option! We have had no problems with heat or a/c keeping up,I am happy with the freightliner chassis an NO def! It in my option is a very solid coach and will treat you well if you do your preventative maintenance! No lack for power, the systems are straightforward and user friendly, other then updating things good job gulfstream, we do have a few pictures posted, I hoped this helped, if you have any questions I'd be glad to helps!! I am however going to install a tankless in place of the w/h I install them as part of my trade and they are wonderful! Endless hot water big plus!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote