Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Kwikee Electric step problem

I have a 2004 Gulf Stream Sunvoyager. I have had problems with the electric step since the beginning. On my first trip I was going through Birmingham and a trucker blew his horn and pointed down at my MH. I though it was a flat tire it ended up being the step out. I checked the fuses and circut breakers , all were OK. So I continued on to my stop for the night, when I got there the step was back in and they worked fine again. Now it was almost a year before they acted up again, I called Kwickee and they told me to check the ground wire from the door switch. Well as far as I can check it appears OK. There is a lot of foam around the step and it is hard to see too much without cutting the foam away. this past week end they acted up again, several times. When I got it home again all is well. I talked to another with a similar problem and he said Kwickee replaced the controller and that solved his problem which was same as mine. Has any of the others on this forum had a similar problem and if so what did you do to correct it.