Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
11B

Default Sirius Sattellite Raido

This is a good one. Purchased a 07 Friendship that was to have a built in sattellite raido (Jensen VR185). Coundn't get it to work so I called Jensen and found out I had to spend 125.00 for a tunner puls have an antenna installed for it to work, another 100.00.

I would say to Gulfstream that if their going to list sattlellite radio as a selling feature that they sell you what you need installed at the factory
before purchase is made by either the dealer or customer. I consider this type of carp to be way beyond exceptable.
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
RJ82much

11B,

I must agree with you. Your dealer ALSO had a responsibility to identify these details of missing, necessary satellite radio equipment you just mentioned.

Similar occurances have happened with installation of a black & white back-up camera tied into a color monitor.

I had literature claiming I was getting Flexsteel driver & passenger seating. Then they tried to palm off the cheap junk they presently install. At first, I was told the new brand was better, then told the Flexsteel would be an upgrade. (All turned out quite well though).

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
Arthur Hayes

When I purchased my Tour Master the radio was advertised as satellite capable. I purchased the required tuner from a Marine supply out of Miami for under $50.00 and bought the antenna from Radio Shack for about $40.00. Installed them myself and my Son pays my monthly subscription, so I am a happy camper.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
RJ82much

Art,

I was thinking the same thing that you said. I looked up the Jensen VR185, which is advertised as a satellite capable radio. I couldn't find a brochure for 11B's '07 Friendship, but did find several online lists of equipment & options. None of them mentioned XM or Sirius installed (or even "capable" for that matter) radio. The word "satellite" is bantered about, but that centers around TV dishes.

11B,

The problem could have occured at the dealer where the word "capable" may have been eliminated from the sales pitch... Either that, 11B, or you were so taken away with the looks & beauty of your unit (to be) and never heard the word, "capable".

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 07-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
hyall

I have the same radio and its not a satellite radio but satellite capable with the necessary equipment and a monthly subscription
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
11B

double post, must be the gray hair.
400 Cummins Bad Milage
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
11B

You have got to love this site. Oh ya the gleam and glitter plus price caught my eye and belive me I have recived not only excellent support from the dealer but also GS customer service and couldn't be happier with my ride.

I just found it odd that if they listed it on the spec's as sattellite radio it would be capable of reciveing from the get go. Had I have known at the time of purchase it needed upgrades to work the dealer would have got the job not Circut City.

Thanks for all your replys this site is great.

P.S. while I'm here perhaps a little more help. Last trip I spun the passenger seat around to face the rear of the coach, when I put it back in place I had no power to the seat. I have a red and a black wire that have come off and are just hanging. Any chance anyone knows were they need to be hooked or put back into place?
400 Cummins Bad Milage
Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
RJ82much

11B,

You are now another victim of the ole' "spin-the-seat & rip-out-the-wire" ploy that Gulf Stream incorporates to keep themselves near & dear in your heart.

There should only be 2 wires getting thru the floor to each power seat; a red (+12V DC power) and the black ground.

I was lucky when my wife spun her seat - an electrical connector unplugged which was easily reattached. Others have reported that their wires were ripped out of wire nuts during the chair-spin procedure.

Whichever is the case in your unit, look for another red wire and black wire & get them back together. I had to look on the wall side under the seat to find the "unsprung" connector w/wires, but it is there. That should be sufficient to re-establish motion. If it doesn't, that means that a 20 amp circuit breaker tripped (in your power compartment) but your driver's seat would have also stopped working. Also, I think your ignition may have to be on for motion?

I want to mention that it is nice to read of your satisfaction with your gleaming & glittering ride, as well as Dealer & GS Service.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 09-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

We bought a 07 Suzuki that had "XM radio" sales man said just call XM and they will set you up. Right. XM said that I would have to get a tuner that plugged into the radio. Not to buy from dealer at $100-300 go to Best Buy or Circuit City. We have XM in the coach so we didn't add it to the toad. Really like the system no fade or lost signal.