Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
wsearfoss

Default Refrigerator door shelves fall off

The shelves on the door of our NOCOLD refrigerator keep coming off. When I looked to see why, it appears that the edges of the shelves slip into slots on the door. The shelves have a front bottom left & right side but no back. When something leans in away from the door the shelves flex and unhook from the slots.

The shelves in our old unit never did fell off but they also have backs.

OK so I am asking anyone else ever have this happen and how did you fix it?

The current rig is a 2007 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23TRS
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
DAF

I had the same problem with my Norcold fridge. I fixed it by gently pulling on the shelf sides to stretch them. This results in a tighter fit. Overall I like the Norcold better than Dometic although I think the shelf attachment design can be improved. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
cherala

How do I keep my refrigerator cooling elements and my freezer box from frosting? I am renting an apartment which came with an older refrigerator/freezer, and I'll be moving across the country in about three months, so I don't want to buy a new fridge, but my coolilng elements in the fridge recently starting frosting up, and even after melting the huge chunk of ice and cleaning it out, it immediately starting frosting up again after I turned it back on. This is not a "frost free" fridge, btw. Is there some old-fashioned way to keep this from happening? I have the same problem with the freezer (one of those older "freezer box" types).
cherala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherala
How do I keep my refrigerator cooling elements and my freezer box from frosting? I am renting an apartment which came with an older refrigerator/freezer, and I'll be moving across the country in about three months, so I don't want to buy a new fridge, but my coolilng elements in the fridge recently starting frosting up, and even after melting the huge chunk of ice and cleaning it out, it immediately starting frosting up again after I turned it back on. This is not a "frost free" fridge, btw. Is there some old-fashioned way to keep this from happening? I have the same problem with the freezer (one of those older "freezer box" types).
I don't think there's much you can do other than open it as little as possible and defrost it on a regular basis. It's probably worse this time of year when the humidity is high.

That's why frost-free refrigerators took over when they were invented.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Timothy

If it's frosting up that fast you probably have a bad door gasket. Check the gasket in several places by putting a dollar bill in the door and close the door on the bill, if the dollar pulls out easily you need to adjust the door or replace the gasket. If you leave the door open for long periods this is will cause frosting also. High humidity can alos cause this problem.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
antonette93

I had the same experience. The door of my old refrigerator was destroyed due to rust. When I pulled it to get water, it fell off. I don't know what to do so I just called the repairman to fix it.