Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
B44D

Default New 6372 questions

Just got my 2009 SN 6372, had a question.
When I store it, I plug in the shore line and turn off the battery shut off switch by the steps. Is this going to keep my batteries charged? Can they over charge? Also, after I took the plastic wrap off the carpet, it left a sticky residue. Any suggestions on removing the glue residue? I want to say that I spent a lot of time reading this forum and it made me feel a lot more comfortable about making my purchase. Thanks to everyone.
B44D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Texas TC

I store my SuperNova at my house. I live on a corner lot so I had plenty of room to pour a pad. I added 50 amp service and water was available. I use it as a spare room when the kids come to visit. I even have a dump pipe on the property so all needs to camp at the house are available.

When we return from a trip, I wash the coach, park it on the pad, lower the leveling jacks, cover the tires and plug in the electric. I do not turn off the battery kill switch. I make it a practice to turn on the TV at least every two weeks to keep the Directv box activated.

The converter charger does keep the battery charged and has boiled out some battery acid from time to time. At least with the switch on, some power is being used to keep the batteries functioning (TV equipment, refrigerator from time to time, and all those little lights that are on all over the coach).

I check the battery water level and usually need to add water on a monthly basis. I purchased one of those remote battery fill units from Camping World and it makes adding water to the batteries much easier since GS did not include a slide-out tray on my SuperNova. The link for this product is: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/pr ... stems/4592

I don't know if these procedures are correct or not but they have worked for me with two coaches over the past few years.

I would try Goo Gone to remove the tape residue from the carpet. I would try it on an obscure small area first and if it works, use it to remove all the sticky stuff. This product is available at Walmart and most grocery stores.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Georunner

I live at 7500 feet, (its 8 below right now) and although I think I do a good job of winterizing, I like to keep a small heater going in my rig during the winter. So, I have to have it plugged in. (Have a separate 30 AMP outlet) I installed a Charge Wizard. It just plugs into the converter. I do flip the switch to isolate the batteries, but don't think it is neccessary with the Charge Wizard. So far, and I have 4 golf cart batteries, I have been very pleased with this inexpensive item. Charges the batteries fast when we're boondocking, and maintains them well.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote