Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
EHILL

Default boost/conditioner

was reading a reply on tour master caravan and ron talked about boost/conditioner and we were wondering just what that is for we are having problems w/ our air 2007 tour master basement air we are taking it in wed and would appreciate any feed back

jd & ellen
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: boost/conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHILL
was reading a reply on tour master caravan and ron talked about boost/conditioner and we were wondering just what that is for we are having problems w/ our air 2007 tour master basement air we are taking it in wed and would appreciate any feed back

jd & ellen
EHILL,

There have been some of the new Tour Masters that are having a cooling problem with the basement air conditioning as the circulation is not what it should be and it does not cool the coach.

Gulf Stream Coach has authorized the installation of a roof top unit on some of these and calling them "boost/conditioner". They are supposed to work with the basement unit to cool the coach.

I was responding to Dave (djqualls) when I mentioned the unit because his was one that GSC had authorized the installation of one of these units.

If you are having the same problem, I would recommend that you contact GSC and your dealer. I understand that GSC is well aware of the problem and are working on it, but they are taking care of the coaches already built on a case by case basis when the customer complaints.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
EHILL

THANKS RON WE WILL BRING THAT UP ON WED. WE JUST GOT BACK FROM TAKING THEN BLACK BEAUTY OUT FOR 7 WEEKS AND IT WAS EVENTFUL WE HAD A WATER HOSE ON ICE MAKER TO BREAK LOSS AND GIVE US ABOUT 1/2 INCH. WATER IN LIVING ROOM AREA GOT THAT CLEANED UP AND TOOK OFF LOST HOT WATER OUTSIDE DOOR GOT A NEW ONE IN TENN. THEY ARE GOING TO PAINT FOR US GOT IN VIRG. AND LOST SHORE POWER W/SLIDE OUT FOR TWO DAYS TALKED TOO LONGVIEW & GS COULD NOT WORK OUT THAT WAS WHEN I GOT ON FORUM AND ASKED FOR HELP AND YOU GUYS SLOVED IT RIGHT AWAY IT WAS BREAKER BY THE POWER CORD BY THE WAY WHAT IS THAT BREAKER? THEN W GOT TO N GA. AND THE LED LIGHT ON THE ROCKER SWITCH BY DOOR FOR THE CHASSIC WENT OUT TRID TOO FIX OURSELF THAT WAS A NO NO IT ENDED UP COSTING BIG $ LESSON WELL LEARNEDDO NOT TOUCH IF TOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING BUT ALL IN ALL WE HAD A GOOD SHAKE DOWN RUN WE LOVE OUR TOUR MASTER AND KNOW WE WILL HAVE YEARS OF ENJOYMENT AND LOOKING FORWAD TO CHATNG WITH ALL YOU OTHER OWNERS AS WELL
Old 11-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

EHILL,

Would you mind turning off your "Caps Lock", it makes it hard to read in all capital letters and some consider it shouting on the forums.

If you are talking about the breaker on the front of the inverter, it protects the inverter and the inverter charges your house batteries. On my Xantrex Inverter/Charger it is a 25 amp. breaker.

Now about your water heater door loss. It has happen to many, including myself on our first MH. There are some when you stop at a rest area or other places that will turn the spring loaded latch because they know the door will fly off when you are traveling down the road. Really funny they think!!!

What I have done to prevent this is that I drill a hole right above the latch in the slot and install a stainless steel screw. This prevents the latch from being turned easily and also keeps the door from coming off. The only drawback is that you have to remove the screw to remove the door to service the hot water tank. But this is a minor inconvenience compared to losing the door/cover.

We are all here to help as the forum motto says: "Gulf Stream RV owners coming together to help each other!"

I figure that we all are the experts here on the forum since we use our RV's and learn our systems sometimes the hard way.

Ron
Old 11-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
djqualls

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHILL
THE LED LIGHT ON THE ROCKER SWITCH BY DOOR FOR THE CHASSIC WENT OUT TRID TOO FIX OURSELF THAT WAS A NO NO IT ENDED UP COSTING BIG $
They guys at Mastertech told me they changed mine because they were defective... (Master coach and House battery breakers)
Old 11-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
RJ82much

Actually Ron, I think JD & Ellen were intending to shout! With everything that went wrong for them on their outing, I'd be shouting as well.

Particularly troubling is the water on the floor. We keep the icemaker shutoff turned off outside in the external compartment behind the fridge, though for another reason.

For those winterizing their units, don't forget to disconnect that line & drain the water up to the icemaker itself. Follow the manufacturer's instructions) Also after the small line is removed, open the valve, & pump your RV antifreeze thru the larger feed line onto the ground till the fluid is red. DO NOT get antifreeze into the smaller line to the fridge! You southern snow birds need not pay attention, but us northerners better pay heed & not forget this water line.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

RJ,

Great advice on winterizing the ice maker. Ours is done while waiting to head to Florida next month after Christmas.

Shouting or not, ALL CAPITAL LETTERS ARE HARD TO READ.

I screwed up last year when we went to Florida with the icemaker. I reconnected the lines and didn't tighten or check the one line. Water leaked and ran under the back of the refrigerator out onto the hardwood flooring in front of the frig. Dumb on my part......

So I sealed the bottom of the frig where you access the frig from the outside cover. Now if I would do that again or would develop a leak the water will not run back under the frig and inside the coach. It runs out the access cover and down the side of the coach. I tested it after doing this with a leak that made by loosening the water line to make sure.

Ron