Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
JIMNINA

Default Living room slide out nylon strip

Hope everyone is well during this time.

We have a 03 YellowStream DP. On the living room slide there is a nylon strip that has broken on each end. Has anyone replaced this strip with either rollers or the strip itself? I called Gulf Stream adn they gave me the old part number. I sent it to Lippert with no answer, so I'm not sure what avenues I have.

Thanks
jim,
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Chuck v

I replaced the strip when I first bought my Tour Master used in about 2008 or 2009. At that time the shop in Oregon bought it from GS directly. They trimmed the ends about a quarter inch so it was not crammed into the corners of the opening and they stated that would allow it to not be flexed and cracked due to the motion of the slide during travel. I don't think the strip is under much stress when the slide is fully out...

The material is a UHMWP (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) plastic and very abrasion resistant, maybe you can have a shop make you an appropriate strip. Here is a vendor that has material in sheet up to 240 inches long. https://www.curbellplastics.com/Rese...Materials/UHMW

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
JIMNINA

Thanks for the info chuck v. We might be up in that area in a few months and will check it out.
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
[email protected]

Send a message via AIM to kenjohnston83@gmail.com

I'm not really clear on what you've described, but what I perceive is that I had a problem similar to what you've mentioned. The molding wasn't available, so the company looking after it used Durabond and it works great. Hope this might help.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #5
Chuck v

Thanks Ken,

We were not talking about the slide room seal in this thread, just the Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) plastic low friction strip at the bottom edge of the slide room opening that supports the huge slide as it moves in and out.

The Durabond sealant might be a good patch on an existing but worn/leaking wall seal gasket molding, however...as long as it is applied to only one side and does not stick to both parts of course.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote