Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee
Default Endura roof leaks?

Our 2006 Endura was purchased used with less than 7000 miles on it the price was good, it was beautiful and what we have been looking for. We bought it from Camping World their service was great and continues to be. They stopped the initial leak it took a couple of weeks. Have been through several weeks of rain no leaks. Just got back from a trip to Savannah Ga. poured for two days and we had a leak from the roof in the bathroom and in the cab.
I am just woundering has any other Endura had problems like this, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
mfa

We have a 2006 Ultra Super-C. I noticed that the edge of our shower skylight dome on the roof was starting to curl up and lifting the caulking they put around it. I sealed all around the skylight edge with Eternabond Tape.

Where in the cab is your leak? Up overhead in the cab-over area or down in the cockpit?
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
Swanee

Default LEAK IN THE CAB

Darndest thing I have ever seen, it was wet above the passengers seat head liner and the edge where you step down. No moisture on top where tv and other eletronics are.

The leak in the bathroom was actually in the cabinate on the outside wall.

Thanks for the reply
Mike
Old 01-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
Swanee

Default More leaks

Went outside to get ready to go to Cammping World Tomorow and there is another leak.

Has any one had this amount of trouble with leaks is it common to GS, slide outs, 6340 Endura or what any input appreciated do want to go back out to Arizona Utah in the desert states but do I need to plan to move there?????

Mike
Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
rdlamb

Had a 2005 GS Endura. It leaked everywhere. Every window, slide, seam, everywhere.
Bought it from La Mesa during one of their sales at the Portland Oregon Expo. La Mesa immediately left the state of Oregon, leaving me to seek out another dealer.
Paradise RV in Colburg OR was marvelous, and I can recommend them. Paradise spent 6 weeks trying to fix our Endura the first time, and over a month the second go round.
Apparently, GS did not use any silicone calking around the windows, or roof, or anywhere.
When my wife and I grew tired of waiting, we paid a surprise visit to Paradise, and did not like what we saw.
The floor was soft, sagging in places from being so wet.
There was mold under the carpet, on the ceiling, the walls.
GS never returned a call, never answered my letters, never did one thing to make this right.
Paradise worked their butt off trying to fix this broken machine. In the end, we decided to trade the Endura off.
Mike Moran, the head of sales for GS, worked with me to trade into a Tour Master. Mike, and the salesman at Paradise, are the only reasons I stayed with GS for a second machine.
The Tour Master has been marvelous. Not without its few fixes, but overall satisfactory.
Try this link for a lot of unhappy Endura stories.
http://www.rv.net/forum/

Safe Travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Swanee

Default thanks for the reply

Well it's back at Camping World see what they can do, have the extended waranty, but warrranty questions have already arose, but they will take care of it. We'll see.
The wife and I were in Oregon earlier this year first thing that crossed our minds was how far is Oregon from Jacksonville Florida then noticed your Endura, was a 2005 whew! still too close though, my indirect question was answered (is leaks a common Endura problem and if so how would Gulf Stream respond?) response was not a supprise I had the same type of response from Four Winds a previous situation.
Living in high desert is still in the picture but but hopefully it would not be to keep the Moho Dry.
I'll update
Thanks
Mike
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
rdlamb

Best wishes to you Mike. If you stay in Oregon for more than a day, it is raining.
September to May it rains about 8 days out of 10. The other 2 just get a drizzle.
The Endura was everything we wanted, if it had not leaked.
Safe travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
Micmac

Default Leaks

I had a problrm in a bedroom closetand posted on RV Net. I was told the marker lights were a good source. I siliconed all around them and some of the seams. It worked, there was no silicone under the marker lights. By the way, use white silicone not clear.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
RUDY PANTOJA

Default HEY GUYS SEE MY ENTRY 06/27/08 NEED INFO 08 ENDURA INTL

READ MY ENTRY ABOUT A WTR LEAK ALSO, WONDER IF I GO TO AN INTL AM I GUTTING FOR PUNISHMENT AGAIN?
RUDY
RUDY PANTOJA is offline   Reply With Quote