Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Mesavista

Default Supernova-Help needed with TV's

We just purchased a slightly used Supernova 6400, 2008. We purchased it at a dealer who had it on consignment and could not give us much of a PDI. We cannot figure the TV system which is really frustarting my teenagers!
We can turn on all TV's put a DVD in the player and see it on all or one TV, but we only have the surround sound in the living area, none in the bedroom. We have sound from the tv in the bedroom for TV but not DVD. So we cannot watch a movie the bedroom and hear it. Also it came with tons of infared headphones but none of them seem to do anything. They were all wrapped up and never used by the original owner. Yes we put in new batteries!

The TV manuals don't seem to say anything about surround sound or headphones, can anyone help us? Oh and my son looked in the back of The dvd payer and there appears to be enough speaker wires exiting the unit.

Thanks,
Mesavista Mom
Mesavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
cafseth

We have a 2008 SN6400 too, love it but a few things lacked attention when they designed them like the surround sound!!!
The sound does not work for the DVD in the rear bedroom. We had to install a DVD player in the bedroom to get sound. We took the surround system right out and just put a DVD player in up front and like I mentioned one in the back! Its easy you just plug everything into the switch box. The speakers in the TV's are just as good as the speakers in the roof. Enjoy!!!
cafseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
dsomonster

We added a 2nd DVD player in the bedroom of our 6400 but left the "main" DVD connection on one of the inputs just in case we wanted to watch what everyone else is watching.
No sound from the bedroom TV on the "main" DVD input but the surround sound is loud enough to hear from the bedroom. The second DVD player was for DW since she likes her chick flicks while me and the kids like action and comedy.
I actually like the surround sound in the main cabin. It is 5.1 and makes the movie watching experience that much more enjoyable.
Enjoy the ride!
-Ron in SoCal