Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-20-2023, 09:05 PM   #21
Bike Dr

Okay the valve 9 does still have to be off because the hot water is being supplied from the 3/4 line on the bottom of the block not through 9! Sounds weird but true! Now the dip tube is nothing more then the fill tube located right inside the the cold inlet so the heater fills from the bottom as you draw the hot water off the top first. The cold 9 fills the heater but 9 hot open will bypass it and not let the hot water run up the block to the other fixtures.
If the dip tube breaks off you may experience the short burst of hot you mentioned because the heater is no longer filling from the bottom. So good to keep that in mind

Now the blockage you mentioned. Is another matter there should not be anything inside the inlet cold that fills the heater. You should be able to blow right through it. The only other item may be an anode rod for electrolysis. Aluminum or magnesium.

Try one more time sir I'm sure you are on the right track.

Mine is the 10 gal electric/LP. But I will definitely be upgrading to a tank less on demand. Never run out of hot water again, I install them as part of my profession and NEVER had a complaint. Now one who don't may say different but hands down they are wonderful just a future idea. For me it definitely going to happen and I would give my WH for free and it works perfectly fine.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 Mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:42 AM   #22
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Winter BYPASS VALVE OPEN, or (if equipped) OUTSIDE SHOWER VALVES Open from winterizing (closed at hand-held button.) Either will mix cold water with hot leaving tank.

OTOH, generally, (in my area= TN/TVA), LPG is most expensive energy, but your area maybe different electric rate?
Old 01-22-2023, 12:05 PM   #23
BobClearyJr

Did you check the bypass valve, normally used when winterizing a rig so you don't have to fill the hot water heater with antifreeze.
BobClearyJr is offline   Reply With Quote