Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
TLBNJ27

Default Hello from Nj

New member here looking to gather information and opinions about the 19csk Vintage cruiser.
If been a forum member before (motorcycle forums) and greatly appreciated all the information I was able to get from fellow owners.

Totally new to RVing and want to make an educated decision on this model and quality performance expectations. Any feedback, advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
TLBNJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Dennis4809

I didn’t check but assume we’re talking about a travel trailer. If so, I think the main issue is your tow vehicle and your hitch set up. Don’t believe everything a salesman tells you about your tow vehicle as they are more interested in making a sale. Get a good weight distributing hitch and a sway bar. Shorter trailers can be effected a fair amount by sudden turns or passing trucks.

A lot also depends on how you intend to use your new toy. If at full service campgrounds then power and water are not much of an issue. If you intend to head off the beaten path then water and power become a learning curve.

Let us know a little more and you’ll get more input.

Enjoy your new lifestyle.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #3
muleman

I have 17RWD Vista Cruiser very similiar. Inside layed out little diffrent you got couple more feet. But all and all they are set up the same you just got the retro look. My wife and I have been using ours for 4 years now bought it seeing if we would use enough to rationalize buying a larger travel trailer. We have been so happy with that we have stayed with what we have. We use it a lot. One person is correct just make sure you got appropriate pulling vehichle and setup. I have always pulled mine with a 1 ton or 3/4 ton . We have a chevy cargo can for our extras that we use now and it works great. They are heavier than you would think when loaded and tanks full. I have had to do little work on it but all minor considering the miles it has been pulled and time stayed in it. Any questions ask because have been over them pretty good and good luck.
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #4
Uofu4u2

Default 19ERD owner

One of the biggest peeves I have about my 19ERD Vintage Cruiser is how difficult it is to get cooled air into the bedroom. I didn't check your floorplan, so you might not have the same issue. The air conditioner is to loud to run max fan at night, but on low, the air doesn't seem to be able to work to the front of the trailer. I use small fans to assist. I also recently (trailer is 1 year old) upgraded to a 14" shank on my WD hitch (Curt) to allow my tailgate to drop while connected to the trailer. Tow vehicle is a Ford F-150 SuperCrew. Hope you enjoy whichever unit you choose.
Uofu4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #5
Anita L.

We just purchased the same model and too, are entirely new to the rv world. Looking forward to suggestions as we learn more!
Anita L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #6
RoverJWL

I purchased a 2019 Vintage Cruiser 19RBS in August. My dog and I have enjoyed it with about 10 weeks of travel. I tow with a Nissan Frontier Crewcab (dog gets the back seat), swaybar and WD hitch. The 4.0 engine has plenty of power but mileage drops from 20 to 11 when towing.

Two discomforts that I am learning to live with - the bed is a short-queen ( I stand 6'2") and the other is the booth-bench is really uncomfortable when using it for long periods of time. The shower is tall enough for me to stand straight. Water pump and air conditioner are VERY noisy! A small space heater and fan help with comfort.

Had to replace both roof vents - sun rotted - but warranty took care of most of the costs. I use velcro wraps to hold cabinet doors closed while traveling. There is plenty of storage. A cheap shotgun case works well to store the WD and sway bars. It took a while to figure out the antenna connections - manuals leave a lot to be desired.

Overall - I would do it again!! ;o)
RoverJWL is offline   Reply With Quote