Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
chamberlain

Default Full page advertisement in Motorhome Magazine

Hey, I just got my copy of this and would you beleive GS had three ads of which one was a full back page about how they (GS) take care of their customers for service. Maybe they're reading all of the comments on this site
Old 10-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

I just looked at my copy of motorhome and saw the add on the inside back cover. There call it the Gold Customer Service Program. Has anyone been contacted by their "customer service representative" as yet? It probably only applies to new GSC products that are under warranty.

The number listed in the add is 1-800-213-5530 ext. 3288

It might be a number to keep if you need to contact GSC for service needs.

We always were contacted by Gulf Stream after we took our coach in for any warranty service and were asked if everything was taken care of to our satisfaction after the purchase of our last GS coach. They always recieved negatives about our dealer from us.

Yes, I do believe that many from GSC do monitor the forum. It is a good place for them to see where they need to improve for customer satisfaction and relations.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
chamberlain

GS called me about two weeks after we owned the couch. I told them to call back as we had several warranty issues to be taken care of. They never called again. Which is the normal story for GS service in most cases.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Maggie

While at the Back Home rally we had a new radio installed. It worked fine on the way home. Wasn't tunred on again until Labor Day week-end. It didn't work. The next week I made a couple of phone calls and sent a couple of emails. Since it was an after purchase addition I really didn't know who to call. The following Monday we had a call from the parts
manager wanting all the information. Three days later a lady called said a new radio had been shipped that day. She also gave us her phone number and said she was our contact person if we had any problems in the future. Our BT is 2 years old. I really think GS is trying.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Roy Buzzard

That is interesting to hear, I have never been contacted by GS after any warranty repair work. I was once sent a satisfaction survey shortly after purchase where I listed some of the problems I had and I have never heard from them since
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
gsadmin

If they were truly trying, they would see the value of responding to questions people have on their coaches ON THIS forum as an authoritative source.

I hate to sound negative but with over 1000 posts here and not one of them from someone who says they are from GS, you have to wonder.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsadmin
If they were truly trying, they would see the value of responding to questions people have on their coaches ON THIS forum as an authoritative source.

I hate to sound negative but with over 1000 posts here and not one of them from someone who says they are from GS, you have to wonder.
I disagree that GS or any manufacturer should get into forum debates. It is a lose/lose situation for all. Issues are much better handled when done face to face or at least by phone so you can read into what is being said by inflection. That is lost in type and so many of us try and save words when we type....we tend to sound more cross than we intend and it is easy to get crossways of an internet audience.

I am glad to hear that they are at least monitoring some of these threads to keep their fingers on the pulse of their customers and to try and do better where it may be needed.

BTW...I am NOT being paid for this opinion! LOL With all of the political ads on TV already.....I had to throw that in.

All of this, of course, is JMHO.
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

I agree with you lockdoc. Forum debates even on the smallest item get quite heated at times and it is a lose lose situation.

I personally like to talk to any rep with a problem that I have or need help with. As long as I get responses from the person and returned calls from the voice mail I leave I don't even have a problem with voice mail. When I don't.......

But in all truthfullness, I have never had a problem with Gulf Stream not responding. Guess it must be my sweet voice......

Yes, I too believe Gulf Stream is trying and are improving and Yes, I believe they do read the posts here.

BTW...I am NOT being paid for this opinion also!

Ron
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #9
gsadmin

So, since everyone thinks that forum posts turn out heated, let me give you just one of many types of scenarios i read on RV boards such as ours and how they might turn out IF there were someone from GS online here.

=============
Owner:
Hey, does anyone know what size tanks my 2003 GS Independence 34' Class A has? I lost the manuals and just wanted to know before my maiden voyage this year as we will be doing alot of dry camping. Oh, also, sometimes my compartment lights work and sometimes they dont, any clues? Finally, my wife backed into the shed with the coach and I need to match the paint for the repair, does anyone know the paint codes?

GS-"helper":
Hey, I think I may be able to help you. Can you give me the last 6 numbers of your VIN and I will see what I can find.

Owner:
Thanks, its 345T43

GS-"Helper"
OK, first of all, your Grey and Black water tanks are 40 gallon and your fresh water tank is 80 gallons. Next, I don't know what is the problem for sure on your compartment lights, but some people are not aware that there is a master switch on the inside door panel and maybe your kids (or significant other) are flipping it on or off from time to time and that is whythey are working intermittently, try that. Last, the paint codes for your vehicle are XX, YY, and ZZ.

Owner:
Thanks so much GS-guy.
============

Now, i will also say that if anything were to get over the top heated, the forum is moderated and as well the GS person could send a private message or call the person to resolve over the phone at any time.

Its only a lose-lose when you either have a knucklehead from the factory or a knucklehead owner. Either one can be dealt with quite easily. Using that as an excuse not to be active in the forum is a cop-out. I have created manufacturer participatory forums for quite a few companies in the computer software and hardware industry. Did those companies take their lumps from time to time...of course...but thats the price you pay to be a big boy and provide some of the best CS in whatever your industry is. We are in the internet age now...live with it or die.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #10
ronbo

I'm very happy for those folks that have gotten satisfactory service and/or personal responses from the many people at GS. Big money for these vehicles deserve some sort of support.

I am also in sales and customer support (BTW,in a totally different and unrelated field), so I like to think I can try to to be reasonable and work within the system the way it's supposed to be worked, but I have not had a good experience with GS at all. Calls were ignored, emails/letter ignored, actual phone conversations were later denied (trying not to say 'lied-about' here) and so on. Not a happy camper, I am.

And yes, I DO have a deep-seated issue with GS. I could have been very happy with my coach if they'd just followed thru on what they SAID they will do, much less promise me something more.

If you have a good one and a good relationship, I'm glad. Enjoy camping like it's supposed to be.

Ron
ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #11
C.Reilly

Hmmmmm we've never been welcomed to the Gulf Stream family. When we owned our Keystone Montana 5th wheel, we received all kinds of welcoming attention.

Carol
Old 11-14-2006, 07:03 AM   #12
CAP

Default MotorHome Magazine

Chamberlin
Could you tell me the month that these ads ran in?

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:49 pm Post subject: Full page advertisement in Motorhome Magazine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I just got my copy of this and would you beleive GS had three ads of which one was a full back page about how they (GS) take care of their customers for service. Maybe they're reading all of the comments on this site

Thanks
CAP
Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
GStream40
Site Team

CAP,

I believe it was the November issue of Motorhome or was it October?

I would look but I have already "recycled" both my October and November issues to my barber for him and his other customers to read.

You can look on the Readers Service Page under Gulf Stream and it will list the pages that the ads are on.

Ron
Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #14
CAP

Default Gulfstream Ads

You will have to excuse me this morning....
I took a "Stupid Pill" and can't seem to find this reference on the Gulf Stream Site map Page.

"You can look on the Readers Service Page under Gulf Stream and it will list the pages that the ads are on."

Would you be so kind as to send me the link.

Thanks
CAP
Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #15
GStream40
Site Team

The Readers Service Page is in each issue of Motorhome Magazine. It lists all the advertisers that are in the issue and the page that their ad is on.

Ron
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
CAP

Default Gulf Stream Ads

Ron,
I mis-read your message. (Told you I took a "stupid pill")
I thought you meant it was on the Gulf Stream web site.....
Now I'll look in the magazine.
CAP