Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
nemo45

Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Default Re: HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45
Well what happened? Did you check the fuses on the converter? They are there if you hook up your batteries wrong. I accidently hit the positive pole with thje ground wire when the inv installing new batteries and blew all three of the automotive type fuses on the converter. Didn't know it untill I saw low DC blinking on the refrigerator. Replaced the fuses and everything has been fine. On my motorhome(2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master)the xantex inverter really has nothing to do with the 12V as it doesn't have a built in converter in it. It might be
nice if we knew what year and model you motor home is, we could be more specific with help.

What do you mean the investor/charger has nothing to do with 12volt? It inverts DC 12volts to Ac 110 volts and if you have the xantrex 458 it has a transfer board right in the investor.
First what's an investor. I assume you mean an inverter. My inverter has nothing to do with the 12V system the runs the lights and everything else that is 12V in the coach. The converter and 2-12V house batteries take care of that. My inverter has no converter in it as some do, but it does invert 12dc supplied by the 4-6V batteries attached to it to 110V ac. This so you can operate things like a tv or a fan without running the generator. Also you can operate a residential type refrigerator while going down the road. Some inverters do have a converter in them and this does charge the house 12V batteries, but the inverter itself really has nothing to do with the house batteries.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote