Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
1999gulfstream!

Default Draining my fresh water tank

I have a 1999 palm breeze. There’s something wrong with the plumbing system. None of the facets or water work unless I’m hooked up to a water hose....

I want to drain my freshwater holding tank. Is there any way to do this?? Also if anyone has any insight or troubleshooting recommendations to get my water going, I’m all ears!! All the water pumps just stopped working one day
1999gulfstream! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
Sudsy

Default Water Pump(s)?

Generally there is only one water pump. If it was working and then quit you need to find it and check it out. Check for blown fuses. The pump has a pressure regulator/demand switch and should operate when it senses demand from any of the faucets. When you find that pump I bet you find the low point drain too!

Sudsy
Old 10-06-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
George3037

Your freshwater tank should have a manual drain valve. You will have to get underneath to find the fresh water tank and drain valve.

I'm sure you have the pump switch in the on position so you need to check your fuse panel first for the pump fuse to see if it is good. If good then you need to locate the pump and see if it is getting power. It is possible the pump may have gone bad and need replacing.
George3037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by George3037 View Post
Your freshwater tank should have a manual drain valve. You will have to get underneath to find the fresh water tank and drain valve.

I'm sure you have the pump switch in the on position so you need to check your fuse panel first for the pump fuse to see if it is good. If good then you need to locate the pump and see if it is getting power. It is possible the pump may have gone bad and need replacing.

My low point drain is in the compartment with the pump. Yours my be different. But on most Class A's there is no need to get under the coach. The drain may be located where your other water system drains are. (hot/cold water, water heater) Mine are small "T"handle valves.

As for the electrical turn on the switch and see if there is 12 volts at the pump. If not look for fuse panel and check fuse. If it blows again right away disconnect the positive wire on the pump, make sure it is not touching any metal and try a new fuse. If the fuse doesn't blow, change the pump. Get one online and pick a good one. It will be quieter than the original.

Sudsy

Tags
breeze, class, drain, low, plumbing