Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-20-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Bull Treker

Default Electrical Conquest 6237

Howdy I'm new Forum blood and owner of a new 2019 Conquest 6237. After enjoying pride of ownership for 5 days and 22 miles...we developed 2 yes 2 separate electrical issues. I want to see if anyone else has similar issues.
First, upon pickup the rv had an odor on the outside of it. After a couple days at home it filled with an overwhelming Sulphur smell, the converter was loud. The odor was inside and outside and heavy. When they came to get it there was a large dead grass area where the house battery location was.
Second, the truck went dead like zero. Wouldn't charge said bad cell? Dealer said that GS had a repair notice out re: radio wired wrong killing vehicle battery.
Anybody? Something similar you've noticed during your pride of ownership period?
This site looks like a nice one good to have. If I leave it's only because we don't have a GS anylonger…
Safe Travels
Bull Treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
FreedMeister

Default Battery boil over

This, sounds like one problem. The Sulphur smell dead grass and no battery power is because all the electrolyte was boile out if a battery cell. This can be from overcharging, or overcharging caused by a bad battery or bad cell in a battery. With gloves and eye protection, remove all the batteries.(properly and safely disconnected of course). Check electrolyte levels. If all are the same, and not too low, use dustiiled water to refill. Charge each battery and load test. Sounds like they are bad... With a used coach, you don't know what you really have, so be prepared to replace them all and learn how to add water and care for them so this doesn't happen again. A mis wired radio did not cause this even if you have one. If you charge a battery with fluid too low, this can happen
FreedMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
Chiropharm

Default Where are the coach batteries?

I just purchased a slightly used (4500 mi) 2019 6237.
Trying to find access to the coach batteries. The GS dealer said they were under the stairs but I can't find any access. The manual I have says nothing.
Any help would be appreciated.
Chiropharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

On most, step tread is hinged and lifts up; may even have a latch?? Many had OPTION for slide out battery tray and added batteries, but unsure HOW that layout?
Old 11-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
Chiropharm

Thanks for the response. The top tread lifts up, but the compartment is empty. I have called and emailed GS and the dealer but so far no response.
Chiropharm is offline   Reply With Quote