Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #1
DaveC

Default 2021 Enlighten 20RD

Greetings, just bought a 2021 Enlighten 20RD from CW. I did not get much info on the specs, if anybody knows the water, gray/black water capacities; total height and verify a tongue weight of 420 pounds. Thanks in advance.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
Chuck v

Dave,

I have not been able to find that exact model name and number, but it likely is similar to this 19RD (rear dinette...)
https://www.gulfstreamrvsource.com/s...n-19rd-tr49829

If so, the tanks are 51 gallons fresh water, and 37 gallons each for gray and black water. Maybe your model is exclusively made for Camping World, since it does not appear on the Gulf Stream website...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
DaveC

Default 2021 Enlighten 20RD

Chuck V., thanks a bunch for the info. I am waiting for Gulf Stream support to answer my email too. This camper its like the X-Files, nobody knows about it. Just picked up last weekend so getting ready to head out this weekend to test it. We like it so far, lots of storage compartments, lots of amenities, lightweight and good price. We owned a Coleman Lantern 18FQ but did not have as much storage space among other things. How do you like your 19RD? Any issues with it or anything I need to keep an eye for? Again, thanks. When I heard from GS I let you know.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:12 PM   #4
Chuck v

Dave,

Actually, I do not own that travel trailer -- just found it to be the closest to the one you were asking about.

My own reason for being on the GS forum page dates back to my 2007 Tour Master diesel pusher coach, a motor home that is far from the travel trailer concept as it weighs about 34,000 pounds and is over 42 feet long.

Years ago I did buy a (new at the time) 1994 Nomad 20 ft travel trailer and enjoyed it very much -- simple and rugged design with enough ground clearance to negotiate unpaved forestry roads when taken hunting. I changed the 12 volt batteries out for a series stack of 6 volt golf cart batteries as it extended the dry camping capabilities to almost double the number of days, and made quite a few other upgrades.

Enjoy your new camp trailer, I am sure it is a step up from your prior Coleman.

Chuck

Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #5
Farmer Fran

The fresh water capacity is usually on the stickers by the drivers side passthrough. As for tongue, you are better off filling the propane and weighing it yourself.
Farmer Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #6
Enlighten Me!

Default CW Enlighten

These are (correct me if I’m wrong) Ameri-Lite trailers branded Enlighten for CW.

Find the Ameri-Lite model that has your floor plan and overall length and the specs should be the same for yours.

Edit: My capacity label is in a kitchen cabinet
Enlighten Me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #7
DaveC

I appreciate the info. I found the GS Kingsport 20QGB is the closest model to the Enlighten 20RD. The specs are the same from what I was told by GS with just a few differences on the layout. Im just happy I can safely tow this RV safely, now I got to work on some other issues, see the Wall of Shame for pics. Take care and happy camping. Dave
Old 04-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #8
Chuck v

Dave,

I think Enlighten Me! is onto something -- does this look more like your unit?
https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/prod...ite/model/19rd

Chuck