Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Jim

Default no 12 volt power

After only `1500 miles on my new Inderpendance I woke up this morning to no 12 volt power to the coach. Sitting here dead in the water calling the dealer who is 1100 miles away, and no live person at gulfstream service answering the phone, I called coach net and they worked on it and got it off the jacks and the slides in with a jumper wire but still don't havfe it repared. A good way to start a day in a new motor home. The call from coach net was 150 for labor and now I still have to find a repair shop to fix it.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
coolchas11

Jim, any luck with the repair? We've had our mishaps with the Tour Master. We picked it up on Friday after repairs and, hopefully, the next trip (Oct) will be problem free. I am curious about the CoachNet $150 fee. When they assisted us in March there was no charge. Charlie
Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
RJ82much

Jim,

I'm rather curious to know what caused the problem. Were you able to start your engine? If so, did you press the "Battery Switch" on your dash panel? After waiting several minutes (in case your house batteries were dead), did you try to start your generator? If you got that far & still had no 12 volt power, chances are it isn't the battery. (the convertor would have put enough charge in the batteries to at least light a couple 12 volt lights) Rather the problem may have been the main 80amp circuit breaker had tripped. -either the disconnect at your entryway, or I believe there is a circuit breaker in a power compartment that would need to be manually reset.

Too bad your coach manufacturer didn't supply you with electrical schematic drawings. If not you, then the CoachNet would have a good shot at getting you running without jumpers & jury-rig. Oh wait, your manufacturer is the same as mine! Holy cow, we've all wished that! In fact, that was the reason this forum in the 1st place.

Actually Jim, it is my understanding that now, if you request those drawings, they may well be provided to you in PDF format. You can keep them on a laptop if yostarted ur travel with one (& the batteries aren't dead!) or you can print them out to carry with you.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Jim

we found it has a blown converter and repairs will be made on the 12th of sept. with only 1500 miles so far I hop this is the first of things to go out on it.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote