Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Geko125

Default Chassis Batteries Draining

This seems to be a common thing with the chassis battieries draining, but this issue is throwing me a curve ball.
My parent-inlaws own a 99 GS Sun Voyager. Heres the skinny, the coach doesnt get used that much, but a couple months ago we took it out. About the last 20 miles to our destination, the chassis batteries dead and we had to hold the 'boost' switch to keep power to get to the distination. Plugged into shoreline for a day, and was able to get it home next day. We have put in new batteries in Chassis side, new altenator, and chassis batteries dead after a couple weeks in store mode.
In the last couple days we have done some testing, and some how the chassis system is still getting power, even in store mode. We tested the battery disconnect relays, which both coach and chassis are not putting out power when switched in store mode. Pretty much now I am wondering how else the power could be still getting to the chassis system?
Geko125 is offline   Reply With Quote