Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
bradg47

Default Can't get parts from GS for my 5er. Is this common?

I am a very patient person but there's a limit to any one's patience too.

I have been trying for going on two months to get a replacement part for my EnduraMax Wide Open Toy Hauler made by GS.

My dealer is saying the factory won't tell them the status of the part order. The dealer says the factory is saying that the part, which is a small side panel that goes around the rear stairs for the unit, is not made in-house, it is coming from a subcontractor. Apparently GS subcontracts the assembly of aluminum side (lower wall) panels on their units.

I honestly don't blame the dealer or the fact that GS choices to sub out the construction of the side panels on their units. The facts is the unit is a Gulf Stream product so ultimately this is a problem for Gulf Stream to solve.
It comes to a point where regardless of how much you like a product if you can't get service then you won't recommend it to anyone else or buy another product from that company.

Does it do any good to complain to the factory directly?
bradg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
coolchas11

Unfortunately, all too often it seems that constant complaining to GS gets something done. Charlie
Old 07-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
rdlamb

The problem seems to be, to whom do you complain? Getting through to GS is hard. My dealer had a telephone number he used to call, that seemed to get right through to GS. Unfortunately he would not share that number with me.
My salesman had the GS regional rep meet with me, and I had his personal telephone number. Whenever I had a problem I would call him, and within hours someone from GS would call me.
Unfortunately, the regional rep is no longer with GS. So my inside connection is lost.
You can call, complain, and otherwise try to get some action or satisfaction from GS, but in the end, in order to do so, you have to connect with someone in the company willing to take your call and willing to help you.
Has anyone found such a telephone number or person?

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
rdlamb

I called GS, their general number that I found on the internet, and left a message with customer service. Within 2 days I had a return call.
We are stopping by GS later this month (July), and I wanted the factory to perform some minor service for my coach.

The reply was that the section of the factory utilized for this service was not repaired following the tornado destruction. Ergo, will not happen.

The service manager (Jim) gave me several local shops that are performing service to those of us that wish to show up at the GS factory, for factory service. Which means, unfortunately, that I will not be receiving factory service, rather, service I could get anywhere else.

Sad, but, I guess since GS is still in business despite the poor business climate, we have to be thankful for that.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote