Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Keys Cruiser

Default Dometic AC Warranty Mis-Understanding

A local AC place is listed on the Dometic web site as an "Authorized Dealer / Service Center". Over the past year I have had to have them replace the starter capacitor on both AC units in my Yellowstone pusher... They required payment up front with the promise of reimbursing me once Dometic paid them for the warranty work... It was my feeling that I shouldn't have to pay at all, let alone "up front" - but if thats how they do it... then, I guess I'll go along with it... They claimed Dometic was slow to pay... Now, over a year after the original fix, they are claiming that it costs them a lot more to fix things than Dometic pays them and they expect me to pay the balance or difference.

It has always been my understanding that under normal circumstances, if you need warranty work done, and you have it done at an Authorized Dealer or Service Center, the fix is covered. None of this after the fact BS that, oh, by the way, Dometic didn't reimburse us enough for your repair, so you will have the pay the balance.

Am I wrong??? Is it normal for "authorized dealers" to charge you extra (over and above what the mfg pays them) for warranty work done on behalf of the manufacturer?
TOAD: 2007 Mustang Conv.
Islamorada, FL
Keys Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote