Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
rescue7

Default tank heat

I have a 07 Tourmaster. Does anyone know if the gray and black tanks are heated from the rear furnace. I just added a heat duct to the front of the coach and it doesnt look like the front furnace heats the tanks looking at duct placement.

Thanks

Don
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: tank heat

I am pretty sure they are. My Scenic Cruiser has a four inch hose coming from the furnace to throw some heat on the tanks. TourMaster coaches should also have it. But I could be wrong about the TM'S.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
tarheel

Don-
Where did you locate the new duct that you ran from the front furnace? I have always been amazed that there was no heat ducts in the front beyond my cabinet sink in my 40A. Also, there is a heat duct hanging down in my basement inside the 4th door back. I never checked it out to see which furnace it came from, but based on it's location I'm sure it comes from the rear furnace.
Dick
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
rescue7

The duct that hangs down in the passenger side 4th door comes from front furnace. I ran a flexible heat duct from front furnace thru the wall into the area for the trash cans then thru the wall out under the two speakers in the cupboard at baseboard at the wall. You can remove speakers to ge access to that area which is pretty big. I bought a 25' flex pipe put a defuser on it. Now yo can leave it at the cupboard or pull it out and run it along the wall to under the front co pilot seat to put heat in that area. Which was always cold. When not in use push it back into the cupboard and it just looks another heat outlet. If it wears out with a lot of movement it is easy to replace a section. I then built a raised shekf in the trash area to cover the duct. It also puts the trash cans higher which helps keep the trash from missing the can when you drop it down the hole.

I also opened up the cabinet that is beside the toilet in the bathroom under the window. Cut the wood front at the half way point then added two tracks and a handle. Now have a sliding door that puts that wasted space to use. There is a pipe from the sink along the bottom, just build a shelf along botton and close it in. Makes a good place to store extra toilet paper.

Don