Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-06-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Sudsguzzler64

Default 2004 Endura how to operate slides manually?

Just taking a shot in the dark here. I have definite slide issues as they are blowing the fuse at the hydraulic pump motor. We were almost stranded with them open this past weekend. I know I need an expert to diagnose the issue, but nobody can even look at it until August.. Haha, one place told me to check back in December. I bought this unit preowned and really have no documentation on the manual operation of the slides. We are normally 3 or 4 day weekenders, but have a full week scheduled at the end of July. We've never done a full week and the Family was sooooo looking forward to it. I was going to cancel, but if I can open and close the slides manually, we'll do it. Maybe someone has info on manual operation of the hydraulic pump slide system??? I know there are different brands but perhaps, someone with an Endura from 04 to 07 or so , maybe there is documentation that would be helpful. Please help if you can !!!
Sudsguzzler64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
Fredeman

I own a 2006 Gulfstream Endura 6340. I’ve never had to manually operate the slides (and hope that I never do). I checked my copy of the owner’s manual, which is marginally helpful. It says “If the hydraulic slide has to be manually moved in or out, refer to the instructions listed on the hydraulic reservoir for proper operation. If the instructions are not listed, contact the hydraulic system manufacturer or your nearest Gulfstream dealer for assistance.”

Not much help from the manual. I wish you luck in solving the problem and sorry that I could not be more helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 348B5776-E100-4468-BEF7-F877657A9562.jpeg (157.0 KB, 4 views)
Fredeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
bmojmhs

I have an 05 Ultrasupreme gasser with an Equilazier system, 4 jacks and 2 slides. Attached is the service info, piping and electrical drawings of the system, and trouble shooting chart. I have never had to manually bring my slides in but this explains how to do it.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7187 PLUMBING DETAIL 6 FUNC.pdf (99.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf 7187 PUMP WIRING 6 FUNC.pdf (87.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: pdf Hyd Manual Override.pdf (67.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: pdf SERVICE_INFO_FOR_GULF_STREAM.pdf (42.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf SLIDE SWITCH 2 WITH JACKS.pdf (25.5 KB, 32 views)
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #4
Sudsguzzler64

Thanks. I still have Wirsing issues But for now, Im able To open and close manually.
Sudsguzzler64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #5
Fredeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmojmhs View Post
I have an 05 Ultrasupreme gasser with an Equilazier system, 4 jacks and 2 slides. Attached is the service info, piping and electrical drawings of the system, and trouble shooting chart. I have never had to manually bring my slides in but this explains how to do it.

Good luck
Bmojmhs,
Thank you so much. This is great information. Much appreciated.

Frank
Fredeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #6
bmojmhs

Something that is not shown is the plumbing to & from the reservoir. When I bought my MH there was only 1 of the jacks had a proximity switch and i didn't want to add any. So through dealing with Equilaizer Tech Support and reading the literature, I finally figured out the pump has a 90 sec timer on it. So when I push the button to raise the jacks the pump runs for 90 sec and the jacks come up, unless I have parked on a hill and some of the jacks are extended a long way. They may retract about 90%, then I have to bring the offending jacks up individually the rest of the way.

For the system to run for 90 secs there has to be a bypass valve in the system controlled by an electronic device. I would assume the device detects the pressure in the line and if it gets too high the bypass opens and dumps the fluid into the reservoir.

Just spitballing here, but if the electronic device fails, that may cause the pump fuse to blow. The bypass does not show up in the electrical or plumbing drawings so it maybe internal to the pump itself.

Also there is a check valve in the line to keep pressure in the hoses. My check valve leaks and I have never had it fixed. So, over time, like a week, one or 2 of the jacks will rise slightly and I have to lower them again. When I bring in the slides, I may have to bump them to get the lines full of fluid again before they will come in.

It's always something.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:50 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsguzzler64 View Post
Just taking a shot in the dark here. I have definite slide issues as they are blowing the fuse at the hydraulic pump motor. We were almost stranded with them open this past weekend. I know I need an expert to diagnose the issue, but nobody can even look at it until August.. Haha, one place told me to check back in December. I bought this unit preowned and really have no documentation on the manual operation of the slides. We are normally 3 or 4 day weekenders, but have a full week scheduled at the end of July. We've never done a full week and the Family was sooooo looking forward to it. I was going to cancel, but if I can open and close the slides manually, we'll do it. Maybe someone has info on manual operation of the hydraulic pump slide system??? I know there are different brands but perhaps, someone with an Endura from 04 to 07 or so , maybe there is documentation that would be helpful. Please help if you can !!!
1) You can manually operate hydraulics tp retract (NOT sure about Extend?); need a handle for the built-in hand-pump (conduit/ pipe/ rod/ maybe big screw driver can work?); Little RED handles/ Knobs on valves to BYPASS HYDRAULIC SOLENDOIDS; 2) You can download PDF manuals from LCI/ Lippert/ website, they took over DEWALD; if blowing fuses; 3) Blowing fuses/ tripping breakers OFTEN caused by electric solenoids sticking engaged; 4) I replaced electric solenoids on mine and cured my breaker tripping issues after 2nd trip: You can buy OEM for $40-$75/each, but I used these just fine: https://www.amazon.com/Stens-435-435...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Best practiced in the driveway and BEST to have "Circuit Breakers vs fuses" (My BREAKERS under step next to battery on my Class-C; but also now carry spare 12VDC breaker; found some bad when removing to replace CHARGE SOLENOID earlier this year.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:31 PM   #8
Mike1931

Very good information here, I have had to manually Jack mine in. I don’t know the extend operation. O will change my fuzes to brakers…
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:58 PM   #9
THenne1713

I have DEWALD brand hydraulic in my 99 Conquest Class-C; did all my emergency training in driveway before we took it out (few years ago); literature available online for download. Basically, had to find a handle to fit the built-in hand pump, (believe I cut 1/2" conduit?), open the (Proper) Red Valve on pump assembly, which bypasses electric solenoid, I have TWO slides, (believe ONLY two red valves on pump, without looking?)... so, (without going out to look), I would say can ONLY bypass/ manually pump to RETRACT (but not 100% sure), but my rig not too bad for two folks w/ slides retracted. BTW, believe DEWALD, POWER GEAR, ACCUSLIDE NOW all owned by LCI/ LIPPERT?
Old 09-08-2021, 11:05 PM   #10
THenne1713

MY hydraulics have 12vdc circuit breakers under step, next to battery, would trip after electric POWER SOLENOIDS were sticking engaged/ energized/ pump running after releasing rocker switch; replacing both cured issues; (POWER solenoids= mounted on BACK of hydraulic power pack)... NOT to confuse with HYDRAULIC SOLENOIDS on TOP of power pack that control FLUID FLOW... all EASY DIY projects for most?
Old 09-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #11
Mike1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
MY hydraulics have 12vdc circuit breakers under step, next to battery, would trip after electric POWER SOLENOIDS were sticking engaged/ energized/ pump running after releasing rocker switch; replacing both cured issues; (POWER solenoids= mounted on BACK of hydraulic power pack)... NOT to confuse with HYDRAULIC SOLENOIDS on TOP of power pack that control FLUID FLOW... all EASY DIY projects for most?
I actually took advice whom had his own scamadic and pictures.
So I built a new switch panel..
Problem cured….
Old 04-11-2022, 10:38 AM   #12
sdfraze

How are you manually opening the slides? My Dewalds hydraulic pump has a hand pump for retracting manually but didn't mention anywhere how to extend it manually.
sdfraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:34 PM   #13
Mike1931

Default Slide manual operation

I actually took advice whom had his own scamadic and pictures.
So I built a new switch panel..
Problem cured….
So on the manual operation, you need to find the scamidic online. There are valves on hydraulic pump, you can manually turn to make the slides or jacks work. I don’t know anything about your brand. But there has to be a manual over ride in place.
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of
Seattle
Old 04-11-2022, 12:36 PM   #14
Mike1931

So on the manual operation, you need to find the scamidic online. There are valves on hydraulic pump, you can manually turn to make the slides or jacks work. I don’t know anything about your brand. But there has to be a manual over ride in place.
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of
Seattle
Old 04-16-2022, 02:58 PM   #15
hossross

Just an idea, but make sure you are getting full 12 volts to the hydralic motor. If you plug into shore power or have the vehicle engine running see if they still blow the fuse.

If you can measure the voltage at the motors with them running that would be best so you can see what happens at stall and as they run.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:59 AM   #16
THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsguzzler64 View Post
My 2000 GS Conquest uses DEWALD hydraulics, and I was tripping a 12vdc Breaker (manual RESET) by battery after rocker switch was released because electric SOLENOIDS for pump motor Power were sticking engaged, . I replaced both solenoids by pump for about ($10/each AMAZON) vs $40-$125/EACH OEM eBay, then replaced the old breaker too, as it broke later when removing while replacing BOOST SOLENOID under step on my Class-C.
-Manual Operation on mine just requires Opening RED valves on pump assembly to bypass electric hydraulic valves, and pumping until closed. INSTALLING PUMP HANDLE= REQUIRED. BEST PRACTICED IN DRIVEWAY. CLOSING red valves after operation= REQUIRED to restore electric use. CLOSING red valves MIGHT be required to prevent slides from drifting out while traveling? GOOD LUCK P.S. STENS 435-431 was what I bought/ used. (x2-each)