Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
SueMac

Default Customer service problems

As many of us have stated, it is impossible to get a hold of anyone at GS when you need help.

We've tried to go with their chain of command by starting with our CS rep, but after that failed we looked elsewhere in the company.

Tonight we received a call from a gal in CS saying she was returning my call. Huh??? That was 4 weeks ago.

Seems they are so backed up that when you call CS, your name goes on a list. This gal said she had 31 pages with at least 8 names per page to call back! No wonder we all feel ignored! I hope they can get a handle on their CS problems.

IMHO if the quality was better that would eliminate at least 1/2 of the calls!

SueMac
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
soc

well glad to hear (well not really glad-more like frustrated) that i'm not the only one - Ive called and never got to talk to an actual person, left messages, and sent emails and havn't received one responce. Customer service is what sells me on future purchases. - I recently purchased my RV and want to talk to someone about the numerous problems I still have (and the dealer isn't much help either!) I thought it was great when they called to inform me about my "personal" service rep and sent a letter to follow up - but unless they actually do something its all thin air!

My latest is just to call and email them daily - figure a squeeky wheel gets the oil as the saying goes.

If anyone has any further idea's , suggestions please let me know.

thanks
soc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
mfa

I've snail-mail written to Gulf Stream customer service two times and have gotten prompt responses both times. Maybe it has something to do with having a piece of paper in front of you that you need to act on...
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
SueMac

I think it depends on who's hands the email or snail mail lands in. Some are good at getting back to you and others are not.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default keep trying

it took some TIME -but it seems everything is going OK now -it has taken alot of phone calls and e-mails -once i got a real person that CARES things are going much-much better now -keep trying i thing they really want to take of us -it just seems we have to do alot more than we should have to -maybe they will fix this SOON
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
SueMac

I agree, It took a long time to get a hold of someone who would get the ball rolling, but all is progressing well for us too.

We have 2 major issues left to be taken care of but it will be later in Oct. or Nov. before we can get to our trusted RV repair shop in Utah. The coach is usable now, but it will be good to get the major issues taken care of. The local GS repair shop didn't want to take the time for such extensive repairs.

I think they care but are so overwhelmed with problems and not enough folks to handle them. This should be a wake up call...improve the quality and assembly and they'll have less of the issues we all discuss.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
zzrv

Default Re: Customer service problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMac
Tonight we received a call from a gal in CS saying she was returning my call. Huh??? That was 4 weeks ago.

Seems they are so backed up that when you call CS, your name goes on a list. This gal said she had 31 pages with at least 8 names per page to call back! No wonder we all feel ignored! I hope they can get a handle on their CS problems.
SueMac
Had the exact same thing happen to me about a week ago. She said she had been brought in to help Molly in service department catch up with her phone backlog. Meanwhile, I had a few email conversations with Molly. It's been two weeks, however, since Molly has replied to my last email.