Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
RJL

Default TV antenna on a 2018 Vintage Cruiser

I bought a 2018 Vintage Cruiser in May of 2021. I cannot receive any channels on the tv's. I have 2 tv's, have checked them both and they are in working order. I'm assuming its the antenna or connections. The radio works fine. Any suggestions?
RJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
RY469

You probably have a Wineguard antenna. First step . . . There should be an amplifier in your unit, near main TV or inside cabinet between main TV and antenna. It will look like a standard wall plate with a connection for an (F-type) antenna cable. Find that and make sure the little button is pressed in, and you see the green LED light on. The back side of this device has three coax lines connected. One (in) from the antenna. One each out to front and rear TV. Hope this points you in right direction . . .
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
RJL

Yes sir, have done all the above (my has a red light indicating power on). I checked all the cable connections on the entire trailer, all the connections were tight. My radio works fine. Im assuming the antenna feeds tv and radio?
Old 08-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
RY469

Radio most times have separate antennas. If it is the correct (Winegard) amplifier plate I mentioned, it will also have an 12V "car plug" outlet. Next thing I would do is to pull this plate and inspect connections. Tight does not always means good connection. All it takes is one loose renegade strand of shield wire to short out the signal inside the F-connector.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
RJL

My antenna is for the tv and radio. i hooked the the tv up to the antenna and received 30 channels. The signal booster was bad.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:35 PM   #6
maddog53

When I took delivery of my 21 199rk, in the driveway, which should pull in a ton of channels, it pulled in none, both on tv and radio. I then took wall plate off and there was nothing attached. NOTHING. I called my dealer and asked him why I paid for dealer prep, when I did not GET dealer prep. After a few phone calls and very firm language on my part as to what I wanted done, they sent a truck to get my trailer. They fixed and or repaired the situation and delivered my trailer back to me in about 2, 3 weeks. These things are whipped together so fast, a lot of systems need to be checked on delivery, AND even when you get it home. Tighten all bolts, tighten all screws, look for connected pipes etc.....
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #7
RJL

I have read about things like your situation on several forums on all make and models of trailers. I had a 2016 Forrest River Rpod that I bought new and had delivered to me from Ohio to Texas. No problems to speak of for 4 1/2 yrs. We decided to move up in the world and get a little bigger trailer. Found this 2018 Vintage Cruiser 19erd at a good price last May. I have been over this trailer with a fine tooth comb. I hope the tv signal booster is all that jumps out for awhile. Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #8
Bill Nicholson

While you are checking antenna connections, check the roof vents. After 2-3 years, the flimsy cheap vents splinter and crumble a a touch. Prevent water intrusion before it happens.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #9
Henry111

The KING antenna was installed easily. the matter for us was that the coaxial cable's center conductor corroded or a lightning strike melted it (there could be a difference of opinion there). However, we had to run the line from the barrel connector inside the ceiling to the bottom of the antenna than to the new antenna. It takes an extended time, but with the amazing help I had, it only took two hours. The reception is amazing. The new head feels a touch heavier than the old "wing" with its HD attachment which makes starting a bit harder, but no problem.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote