Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #1
Larry8146

Default 2003 Gulfstream Friendship House Batteries

Hey Guys I need some help. I changed my house batteries ( 2-6 Volt Deep cell) But now I don't have any power. I took the out one at a time and replaced them one at a time so I would make sure I hooked them up correctly but I have no power so I took them back out and put the old ones back in and I still have no power. I can't even start the generator. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
Larry8146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

so....'how' do you hook them up? send pics
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
RayChez1

You got a wire disconnected some where. First check your batteries with a volt meter to see if you hooked them up in series correct. If you have 12 volts you are ok on the batteries. Then there are four wires coming from the back of the battery compartment that have to hook up to the batteries. Make sure you connect them to the correct posts.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #4
jamesham

Our Gulf Stream Ultra has two 60amp push button circuit breakers on the house batteries. Could one of those have been bumped or popped? With a digital voltmeter, start engine and see if you have charge coming in off the alternator because one of the breakers is between engine and battery compartment. Turn off engine and measure for 12 volts across the battery terminal feed out and ground. Then see if you also have 12 volts at the red lug inside the power converter box. Be careful because there is also 110 volts in there, and RV should be disconnected for safety. If no voltage on that lug, you have found the problem. Wire trace will locate the 60 amp breaker if you have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry8146 View Post
Hey Guys I need some help. I changed my house batteries ( 2-6 Volt Deep cell) But now I don't have any power. I took the out one at a time and replaced them one at a time so I would make sure I hooked them up correctly but I have no power so I took them back out and put the old ones back in and I still have no power. I can't even start the generator. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote