Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-11-2023, 08:20 PM   #1
Pinkroses3

Default 2007 Amer-Lite 24Q3

First time poster here. We have a 2007 Amer-lite 24Q3 travel trailer. Our slide out has stopped working. It doesn't seem to have power at the switch and I cannot locate the fuse for the slide out. Apparently it's not located in the fuse box, which is located underneath the stove. Does anyone have access to an electrical schematic and does anyone know where the fuse for the slide out might be located.

I will tell you the slide out motor is under the couch, inside the trailer and not outside. It would seem that the fuse might be near the motor for the slide out, but if it is, it's invisible, because we aren't seeing it.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Pinkroses3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
RY469

Look near the battery for something that looks like this:

https://img.joomcdn.net/4b5a09a41115..._original.jpeg

Good chance it is what you are looking for. They are auto-resettable, but do fail.

Note: Sometimes you have to cut a three sided "access door" in your belly liner to get to the junction box and resettable circuit breakers mounted there. Although some are mounted where you can easily see them. Follow the big red wire from your battery to the drivers side front corner of the trailer. They will most likely be found mounted under there.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
Pinkroses3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
Look near the battery for something that looks like this:

https://img.joomcdn.net/4b5a09a41115..._original.jpeg

Good chance it is what you are looking for. They are auto-resettable, but do fail.

Note: Sometimes you have to cut a three sided "access door" in your belly liner to get to the junction box and resettable circuit breakers mounted there. Although some are mounted where you can easily see them. Follow the big red wire from your battery to the drivers side front corner of the trailer. They will most likely be found mounted under there.
Thank you, I will look for it. The part you sent a picture of, what cables connect into it?
Old 03-12-2023, 06:07 PM   #4
RY469

It is the same as a fuse. It protects your 12VDC feed, so you'll see power passed through it, to things such as your slide out.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:11 PM   #5
Pinkroses3

Quote:
It is the same as a fuse. It protects your 12VDC feed, so you'll see power passed through it, to things such as your slide out.
I do have a green cable that has a 30 amp fuse right at the battery. The green cable is attached to the battery along with the positive cable.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:21 PM   #6
RY469

Doubt the green wire goes to the slide out, more likely is your nose jack or similar. Not sure how comfortable you are with things electrical, but you will need to trace the main battery cable to the area I mentioned. There you most likely will find the circuit breakers I mentioned and maybe your issue for the slide out.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:07 PM   #7
Pinkroses3

We will give it a try. Thanks
Old 03-16-2023, 06:57 PM   #8
Pinkroses3

Quote:
Doubt the green wire goes to the slide out, more likely is your nose jack or similar. Not sure how comfortable you are with things electrical, but you will need to trace the main battery cable to the area I mentioned. There you most likely will find the circuit breakers I mentioned and maybe your issue for the slide out.
Evening we found that part, going to order a new one. Do you happen to know what it's called?
Old 03-18-2023, 06:40 PM   #9
Pinkroses3

Quote:
I wanted to let you know we replaced the part you suggested and everything works. I can't thank you enough for all your help.