Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Timothy

Default Mr. Worthmore surprised me

A couple of days ago, locdoc posted a question about slide maintenance. I remember my dealer telling me about lubricating the seals and not to lube the slide rails, to be sure I mailed GS via "ask Mr. Worthmore" the question. When I did not receive a response the next day I posted the question to GS service and it was promptly answered the next day, however a couple of days went by and I received a reply from "Mr. Worthmore" ( A GS employee by the name of Pam Larrison) and it included a PDF version of the slide operation and maintenance manual!!!
I really didn't expect this and was pleasantly surprised.
Thanks Gulf Stream!!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
coolchas11

Service at GS does seem to be a mixed bag. Some owners have great results, while others have gone thru nightmarish experiences. Fortunately, we have been satisfied with the GS service department. I'm happy yours went well. Charlie
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
lockdoc

I believe that a part of the problem lies in this fast paced world that we are all used to. Our world is moving so much quicker now and we all expect that if we email somebody that they should be able to get back to us in a few hours at best and the next day at worst. Companies like GS do not probably have full time folks there just to answer emails and if they do I would bet that they need to research the question before they can get back to you. Given a bit of patience on our part I think they are doing what they can in a reasonable time frame to communicate with their customers.

I have not had any negative experiences with GS and I find it ALMOST hard to believe that they have failed so miserably for others. I wonder if we all have different standards of expectations and that is why it seems that for some GS does great and for others they don't seem to? For me, I would rather fix some little thing myself rather than bother GS or the dealer for it. On the occasions that I have emailed questions to GS I have gotten a response within a day or so.

I am happy that you heard back from them Tim! I think it shows that they ARE trying!
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
zzrv

Just finished looking all over the NEW GS web site, and it appears Mr. Worthmore has moved on. Couldn't find him anywhere. I had posed a question to him about 6 weeks ago and never got a reply.

Timothy wrote: A couple of days ago, locdoc posted a question about slide maintenance. I remember my dealer telling me about lubricating the seals and not to lube the slide rails, to be sure I mailed GS via "ask Mr. Worthmore" the question. When I did not receive a response the next day I posted the question to GS service and it was promptly answered the next day, however a couple of days went by and I received a reply from "Mr. Worthmore" ( A GS employee by the name of Pam Larrison) and it included a PDF version of the slide operation and maintenance manual!!!

I would LOVE to have a copy of that pdf file. Any chance you could pass it along? TIA
Old 08-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
SueMac

We would appreciate a copy too. Our coach came with so little info.

And I'm sure we can be impatient at times waiting for a reply, but when weeks go by and you've written, called and emailed and hear nothing then I say we've been patient long enough We found someone to help and now all is going well. And I posted about the back log they have in CS.

I agree about doing a lot of work yourself. If we had not done as much rebuilding inside because of poor assembly, we'd never get the coach road worthy. Everything we've done (except to add some shelves in the closet would have fallen under the 1st year warranty. But we didn't want to wait to have it all fixed by a repair service. By doing it ourselves we now have it the way we want it.

We have 2 major repairs left to get done. We could do it ourselves, but we'll take the coach to our trusted repair guy in Utah. He has more tools, ladders, hands and expertise in fixing these things.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
11B

SueMac, sine I live in Utah any chance you'd give up your repair guys name and Nubber?
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
11B

SueMac, since I live in Utah any chance you'd give up your repair guys name and Nubber?
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
Timothy

I would LOVE to have a copy of that pdf file. Any chance you could pass it along? TIA[/quote]

ZZRV, Sumac and others,

I don't know how to post it on here, but if you go to http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_m..._slideouts.htm you should be able to find the manual for your slide!

Tim
Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #9
SueMac

Charlie's Service (www.charliesservice.com)
801-773-1193

They are in Sunset, Utah, 30 min. north of Salt Lake and near Ogden.

Small shop. He's done auto repair for years then started on his Alfa because he couldn't get it fixed right. He now has as many RV's as cars I think. Have no idea of his back log or timing, but I can say he's a great mechanic and nice folks. He and his wife Vicki run the shop.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #10
SueMac

Thanks for the web site link.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #11
zzrv

Thanks Timothy.

I have one more question regarding slide outs. I'd rather ask here than call GS....much better chance of getting a timely answer here.

I have EQUALIZER STSTEMS hydraulics for the levelers as well as the slide. Can I assume , however, that the actual slide unit is made by Lippert?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrv
...I have EQUALIZER STSTEMS hydraulics for the levelers as well as the slide. Can I assume , however, that the actual slide unit is made by Lippert?
I downloaded most of those manuals and those slides don't look like mine. I have Equalizer Systems hydraulics, too.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrv
Thanks Timothy.

I have one more question regarding slide outs. I'd rather ask here than call GS....much better chance of getting a timely answer here.

I have EQUALIZER STSTEMS hydraulics for the levelers as well as the slide. Can I assume , however, that the actual slide unit is made by Lippert?
I can't answer other then this is the mateial I received from Gulf Stream for my Canyon Trail. I have electric slides on mine.
My slides look exactly like the lippert ones shown in the link.
OK a quick search and I came up with http://www.equalizersystems.com/ this may be what you need.
Ok I checked in the site a little further, here is the link to GS. http://www.equalizersystems.com/docu...Gulf+Stream%2F
Tim
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
zzrv

Thanks again Tim. I had been on their site but somehow managed to miss the GS file.

Ron
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #15
earljan34

Tim, Thanks from me too I did not have this info it is now printed and in the MH also saved a copy on the computer.

Thanks Again

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
Tim, Thanks from me too I did not have this info it is now printed and in the MH also saved a copy on the computer.

Thanks Again

Earl
Quote:
Thanks again Tim. I had been on their site but somehow managed to miss the GS file.

Ron
Glad I could help
Tim