Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
justlizz

Default lost keys

I have lost a set of keys which for you would not be a problem but they do not have the same blanks in the UK I have emailed Gulfstream but I dont know if they will respond but if they dont have any of you got any suggestions I do not want to change locks as the uk caravan locks are hopeless and plastic I quite like the locks I have but I was planning on getting a friend who has a place in Florida get some cut when he was going over but I cannot now send my only key over as we are going away at the same time and I will need my one key so any suggestions gratefully recieved
lizz
Old 07-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
johnsandywhite

Hi justlizz. I had my keys cut at our local village Do-it-yourself store. I have a 1993 Gulfstream Crown Regis. You should be able to get some cut from somewhere because another person asked me where and he shopped around and got some cut. There are also many RV companies operating in the UK which can supply you or get some cut.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #3
RJ82much

Hi JustLizz,

Sorry about the key ordeal. Emailing GulfStream is about as useless an exercize as a screen door on a submarine, but here's a little more help... Bombard them with emails:

Erica Howard, [email protected] used to be a little helpful. I have her phone number somewhere & will post it if I can find it. Plead with her for help, but don't hold your breath.

[email protected] is probably a total waste of your time, but it's the email address they want you to contact for problems. I have NEVER received so much as an acknowledgement from the mottech guy.

Go to the GulfStreamers forum:
http://streamers.gulfstreamcoach.com/forum/default.asp

Work your way thru the menus to send a "PM" (private message) to:
SAPullin
serv1
Service
danm

You probably will get the attention of SAPullin - he is fairly high level & will take care of you if you can get his attention.

I have been accumulating a slew of Gulf Stream phone numbers, but they're not here. I will post them later.

Here's what I have here:

Gulf Stream Customer Service: 1-800-482-6456 extension #3566

and, here was a BIG one for me:
Andy Downton, cell 1-574-876-6630 He was something like a district representative out in the Indiana factory. When all else had failed, he got action for us.

Call all of these numbers if you can. email all of the addresses, & try to contact the Streamers forum contacts I gave you. I'm sure you've noticed by now, this is absolutely the worst company on the face of the earth to get any kind of followup after the sale. There are a few exceptions, but they get ruined quickly because everyone in need of something descends on the few, & then they disappear behind the wall of secrecy.

I will post additional contact information as I find it.

Oh yeah, if you need to write, here are some of the top honchos with a mailing address:
Gulf Stream Management: P.O. Box 1005 Nappanee, Indiana 46550

1. Bob Berardinelli, Gulf Stream’s director of service
2. Brian Shea, president of Gulf Stream’s motorized division
3. Claude Donati, vice president of the motorized division
4. Dan Shea, President Gulf Stream Towables Division
5. Dan Hammons, Plant Manager Plant 51
6. John Stringer, National Sales Manager Plant 51 Towables
7. Jim Shea, president Fairmont Homes
8. Dan Miller, IS director for Gulf Stream Coach[/url]

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #4
justlizz

johnsandywhite thank you for that I have tried 6 various uk key cutters with no luck but I will keep looking
RJ82much
thank you for all info I will try and see how I get on
I will be back to let you know results
thanks again
lizz
Old 07-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
RJ82much

JustLizz (& everyone),

A little follow up on how to contact GulfStream people through their Streamers forum.

First, you must register on their forum to post. It's free, but requires that you be a Streamer's Club member. All owners are automatically given a 1-year membership in the club, & therefore eligible to register on the forum. Either email Jen Shaw at [email protected], or visit http://streamers.gulfstreamcoach.com/ to register. I don't know if non-members are able to use the search & "pm" instructions that follow:

Go to the "RV club forum". Choose the "SEARCH" button on upper right of page.

Type a Gulf Stream name such as SAPullin & choose "author" on the pulldown menu to the right. Click "search". You will get every entry by or about that person back to "when time began" on their forum, not just since we were shut off.

Find any post BY the person you searched for and click the "PM" [Private messanger] button within that post box. Write your message to that person in the resulting screen & cross your fingers they read & take action.

Some more forum names: Rockydog > Product development engineer (hopefully he didn't design the latches!)

Some more emails: Christina James > [email protected]

Some more contact phone numbers:
* Coach helpline > 1-800-482-6456
* Parts Manager > 1-800-289-8787 extension 3321

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
justlizz

Well Folks I have had a e-mail from Gulfstream and they are sending me some keys free of charge how about that I have spent all day trying to sort another sorce and they have come through for me I hope
lizz
Old 07-21-2005, 03:55 AM   #7
justlizz

Just to let you all know 2 keys arrived from Gulfstream this morning the service has been outstanding I know from reading all your posts that there have been problems but so far I have no complaints I e-mailed on Sunday and they delivered on Thursday morning and that was to UK and free of charge and the amount of paperwork that came with it must have taken some time SO THANK YOU GULFSTREAM
lizz