Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
[email protected]

Send a message via AIM to kenjohnston83@gmail.com
Default Carefree Mirage awning not fully stowing

Hi everyone. I have a 2000 Tourmaster equipped with a Carefree Mirage awning that will retract to within a few inches of its properly stowed position. However, at that point, studs projecting from the inside of the front and rear end caps prevent the awning's proper stowage. These studs would normally engage with the ends of the awning to secure the awning in its properly stowed position. If I and another person are stationed on ladders at each end of the awning and the retract button is pushed, the awning can be secured by lifting each end of the awning to allow it to clear the studs. The dealer in close proximity to my home has tried to troubleshoot it, but good will was overshadowed by lack of knowledge or repair experience. I'm wondering if any of you have had experience with this type of alignment/stowage problem, and if so, how did you address it? Attached are the pix of properly and improperly stowed positions. Thanx.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gulfstream awning properly retracted.jpg (953.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sensor above entry door.jpg (192.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Gulfstream awning with misaligned retraction.jpg (299.0 KB, 4 views)